Egypt’s Minister of Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on Sunday the...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Marwan Mohsen scores as Gil Vicente progress to cup quarter-finals
Former Petrojet striker Marwan Mohsen scored in his side’s 2-1 victory over Penafiel today in the Portuguese cup’s round of 16.
The first half ended the way it started with both teams failing to score.
In the 63rd minute, Penafiel scored from the Penalty spot through their forward Guedes.
The 25-year-old Egyptian striker then came on in the 65th minute and just 15 minutes later, he scored Gil Vicente’s equalising goal as he headed the ball in following a Diogo Viana cross from the right.
Just before the referee blew his final whistle, Avaldo managed to score the second goal in similar fashion as Mohsen’s to win the game for his side and send his side through to the next round.
On the other hand, Gil Vicente’s league campaign has been terrible, failing to win a single game this season. The Portuguese side lies at the bottom of the table with just 6 points from 6 draws and a 7 defeats.
Gil Vicente are to know who they play in the quarter finals in a few days when the draw takes place.
Koka’s Rio Ave and Saleh Gomaa’s and Ghazal’s Nacional progressed to the next stage of the competition as well winning 2-0 and 2-1 correspondingly.
*Video to follow…