Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Marwan Mohsen scores as Gil Vicente progress to cup quarter-finals
Former Petrojet striker Marwan Mohsen scored in his side’s 2-1 victory over Penafiel today in the Portuguese cup’s round of 16.
The first half ended the way it started with both teams failing to score.
In the 63rd minute, Penafiel scored from the Penalty spot through their forward Guedes.
The 25-year-old Egyptian striker then came on in the 65th minute and just 15 minutes later, he scored Gil Vicente’s equalising goal as he headed the ball in following a Diogo Viana cross from the right.
Just before the referee blew his final whistle, Avaldo managed to score the second goal in similar fashion as Mohsen’s to win the game for his side and send his side through to the next round.
On the other hand, Gil Vicente’s league campaign has been terrible, failing to win a single game this season. The Portuguese side lies at the bottom of the table with just 6 points from 6 draws and a 7 defeats.
Gil Vicente are to know who they play in the quarter finals in a few days when the draw takes place.
Koka’s Rio Ave and Saleh Gomaa’s and Ghazal’s Nacional progressed to the next stage of the competition as well winning 2-0 and 2-1 correspondingly.
*Video to follow…