Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Five new deals for Ittihad of Alexandria
Hossam Hassan, Ittihad’s recently appointed manager, has targeted two players from Zamalek and three players from Al Ahly to strengthen the Alexandrian club, according to president Mahmoud Mashally.
The six-time cup winners signed two players from Zamalek on long-term loans in November – Youssef Mohy and Mahmoud “Shika” – and have now set their sights on similar deals for Mahmoud Gennesh and Mohamed Abdel-Razek “Bazooka”, with the latter joining the White Castle just last summer. The duo have requested to leave the capital club, mainly due to a lack of playing time.
Mashally has also confirmed that three players from Al Ahly are due to arrive in the next transfer window. He refused to mention their names, in order to allow the players to concentrate on their duties for the current league champions until they leave.
Ittihad currently lie in the relegation zone, two points from safety, and will need to put in vastly improved performances over the next period to put themselves in contention for silverware at the end of the season.