Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Five new deals for Ittihad of Alexandria
Hossam Hassan, Ittihad’s recently appointed manager, has targeted two players from Zamalek and three players from Al Ahly to strengthen the Alexandrian club, according to president Mahmoud Mashally.
The six-time cup winners signed two players from Zamalek on long-term loans in November – Youssef Mohy and Mahmoud “Shika” – and have now set their sights on similar deals for Mahmoud Gennesh and Mohamed Abdel-Razek “Bazooka”, with the latter joining the White Castle just last summer. The duo have requested to leave the capital club, mainly due to a lack of playing time.
Mashally has also confirmed that three players from Al Ahly are due to arrive in the next transfer window. He refused to mention their names, in order to allow the players to concentrate on their duties for the current league champions until they leave.
Ittihad currently lie in the relegation zone, two points from safety, and will need to put in vastly improved performances over the next period to put themselves in contention for silverware at the end of the season.