Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Five new deals for Ittihad of Alexandria
Hossam Hassan, Ittihad’s recently appointed manager, has targeted two players from Zamalek and three players from Al Ahly to strengthen the Alexandrian club, according to president Mahmoud Mashally.
The six-time cup winners signed two players from Zamalek on long-term loans in November – Youssef Mohy and Mahmoud “Shika” – and have now set their sights on similar deals for Mahmoud Gennesh and Mohamed Abdel-Razek “Bazooka”, with the latter joining the White Castle just last summer. The duo have requested to leave the capital club, mainly due to a lack of playing time.
Mashally has also confirmed that three players from Al Ahly are due to arrive in the next transfer window. He refused to mention their names, in order to allow the players to concentrate on their duties for the current league champions until they leave.
Ittihad currently lie in the relegation zone, two points from safety, and will need to put in vastly improved performances over the next period to put themselves in contention for silverware at the end of the season.