Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Five new deals for Ittihad of Alexandria
Hossam Hassan, Ittihad’s recently appointed manager, has targeted two players from Zamalek and three players from Al Ahly to strengthen the Alexandrian club, according to president Mahmoud Mashally.
The six-time cup winners signed two players from Zamalek on long-term loans in November – Youssef Mohy and Mahmoud “Shika” – and have now set their sights on similar deals for Mahmoud Gennesh and Mohamed Abdel-Razek “Bazooka”, with the latter joining the White Castle just last summer. The duo have requested to leave the capital club, mainly due to a lack of playing time.
Mashally has also confirmed that three players from Al Ahly are due to arrive in the next transfer window. He refused to mention their names, in order to allow the players to concentrate on their duties for the current league champions until they leave.
Ittihad currently lie in the relegation zone, two points from safety, and will need to put in vastly improved performances over the next period to put themselves in contention for silverware at the end of the season.