Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Hossam Hassan believes he’s ready for Egypt national team job
Hossan Hassan has once again openly spoken about his desire to coach the Egyptian National Team which are yet to hire Shawky Ghareeb’s successor after the AFCON qualification failure.
The Ittihad of Alexandria manager has taken his opinion to the media about the shortlist of the Egyptian national team coaches, which is yet to be announced. Hassan said: “Any Egyptian would take every given opportunity to serve his nation in one way or the other. I’ve known how to make the fans celebrate and we’ve achieved a lot of goals. Therefore, if at any time, the National Team needs me in these hard times, I will be ready to continue what I started as a player and take it on from there to lead the team to glory.”
He also mentioned the experience he gained while coaching the Jordanian national team by saying: “It is very hard to develop a team from scratch and that is exactly what I did with the Jordanian national team. I got new players in and we managed to qualify to the Asia Cup. However, should someone else be named as coach, he will definitely have my support”
Hassan, ended his talk by stating that his current age, 48, is a perfect age for him to work as the coach since it is at this time when the person works hard and is energetic. “It is at this age that a person is working in his best form. Every position in Egypt needs someone of that age to work with,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Hossam Hassan had previously voiced his discontent at not being mentioned when media outlets would mention the national team Successor.