Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Hossam Hassan believes he’s ready for Egypt national team job
Hossan Hassan has once again openly spoken about his desire to coach the Egyptian National Team which are yet to hire Shawky Ghareeb’s successor after the AFCON qualification failure.
The Ittihad of Alexandria manager has taken his opinion to the media about the shortlist of the Egyptian national team coaches, which is yet to be announced. Hassan said: “Any Egyptian would take every given opportunity to serve his nation in one way or the other. I’ve known how to make the fans celebrate and we’ve achieved a lot of goals. Therefore, if at any time, the National Team needs me in these hard times, I will be ready to continue what I started as a player and take it on from there to lead the team to glory.”
He also mentioned the experience he gained while coaching the Jordanian national team by saying: “It is very hard to develop a team from scratch and that is exactly what I did with the Jordanian national team. I got new players in and we managed to qualify to the Asia Cup. However, should someone else be named as coach, he will definitely have my support”
Hassan, ended his talk by stating that his current age, 48, is a perfect age for him to work as the coach since it is at this time when the person works hard and is energetic. “It is at this age that a person is working in his best form. Every position in Egypt needs someone of that age to work with,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Hossam Hassan had previously voiced his discontent at not being mentioned when media outlets would mention the national team Successor.