Hazem Emam has admitted that his early days at Italy’s Serie...
- Emam talks about his Udinese days and Salah
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
Hossam Hassan believes he’s ready for Egypt national team job
Hossan Hassan has once again openly spoken about his desire to coach the Egyptian National Team which are yet to hire Shawky Ghareeb’s successor after the AFCON qualification failure.
The Ittihad of Alexandria manager has taken his opinion to the media about the shortlist of the Egyptian national team coaches, which is yet to be announced. Hassan said: “Any Egyptian would take every given opportunity to serve his nation in one way or the other. I’ve known how to make the fans celebrate and we’ve achieved a lot of goals. Therefore, if at any time, the National Team needs me in these hard times, I will be ready to continue what I started as a player and take it on from there to lead the team to glory.”
He also mentioned the experience he gained while coaching the Jordanian national team by saying: “It is very hard to develop a team from scratch and that is exactly what I did with the Jordanian national team. I got new players in and we managed to qualify to the Asia Cup. However, should someone else be named as coach, he will definitely have my support”
Hassan, ended his talk by stating that his current age, 48, is a perfect age for him to work as the coach since it is at this time when the person works hard and is energetic. “It is at this age that a person is working in his best form. Every position in Egypt needs someone of that age to work with,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Hossam Hassan had previously voiced his discontent at not being mentioned when media outlets would mention the national team Successor.