KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Hassan Shehata: Zaki close to Arab Contractors
The former Egyptian national team manager told Nile Sports: “Amr Zaki will arrive on the 24th of December to undergo his medical before we sign him.”
“Zaki will definitely be a strong addition to our squad, He is currently undergoing a great rehabilitation program in Dubai,” he added.
Amr Zaki, the 31-year-old striker, recently terminated his contract with Lebanese club Al-Ahed.
It’s well worth mentioning that Zaki will be Shehata’s second signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of veteran midfielder Mohamed Shawky on a 18-month contract from Malaysian club Kelantan FA, for an undisclosed fee.
Amr Zaki has previously excelled under the leadership of Hassan Shehata during the Egyptian’s coach 3-year spell as the U-20 national team manager (2001-2003) as well as his historic campaign as national team manager, as they together won two African Cup of Nations medals in 2006 and 2008.
Arab Contractors currently lie in 12th position with 17 points after handing Ismaily their 1st defeat of the season.