Mamelodi Sundowns have lodged a complaint with CAF against Zamalek after the hosts refused to...
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
- Egypt’s Aya Medany to join IOC’s Athletes’ Commission
- Egypt schedules and venues for 2017 AFCON announced
- Basel thumped in Paris
Hassan Shehata: Zaki close to Arab Contractors
The former Egyptian national team manager told Nile Sports: “Amr Zaki will arrive on the 24th of December to undergo his medical before we sign him.”
“Zaki will definitely be a strong addition to our squad, He is currently undergoing a great rehabilitation program in Dubai,” he added.
Amr Zaki, the 31-year-old striker, recently terminated his contract with Lebanese club Al-Ahed.
It’s well worth mentioning that Zaki will be Shehata’s second signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of veteran midfielder Mohamed Shawky on a 18-month contract from Malaysian club Kelantan FA, for an undisclosed fee.
Amr Zaki has previously excelled under the leadership of Hassan Shehata during the Egyptian’s coach 3-year spell as the U-20 national team manager (2001-2003) as well as his historic campaign as national team manager, as they together won two African Cup of Nations medals in 2006 and 2008.
Arab Contractors currently lie in 12th position with 17 points after handing Ismaily their 1st defeat of the season.