Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Hassan Shehata: Zaki close to Arab Contractors
The former Egyptian national team manager told Nile Sports: “Amr Zaki will arrive on the 24th of December to undergo his medical before we sign him.”
“Zaki will definitely be a strong addition to our squad, He is currently undergoing a great rehabilitation program in Dubai,” he added.
Amr Zaki, the 31-year-old striker, recently terminated his contract with Lebanese club Al-Ahed.
It’s well worth mentioning that Zaki will be Shehata’s second signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of veteran midfielder Mohamed Shawky on a 18-month contract from Malaysian club Kelantan FA, for an undisclosed fee.
Amr Zaki has previously excelled under the leadership of Hassan Shehata during the Egyptian’s coach 3-year spell as the U-20 national team manager (2001-2003) as well as his historic campaign as national team manager, as they together won two African Cup of Nations medals in 2006 and 2008.
Arab Contractors currently lie in 12th position with 17 points after handing Ismaily their 1st defeat of the season.