Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Hassan Shehata: Zaki close to Arab Contractors
The former Egyptian national team manager told Nile Sports: “Amr Zaki will arrive on the 24th of December to undergo his medical before we sign him.”
“Zaki will definitely be a strong addition to our squad, He is currently undergoing a great rehabilitation program in Dubai,” he added.
Amr Zaki, the 31-year-old striker, recently terminated his contract with Lebanese club Al-Ahed.
It’s well worth mentioning that Zaki will be Shehata’s second signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of veteran midfielder Mohamed Shawky on a 18-month contract from Malaysian club Kelantan FA, for an undisclosed fee.
Amr Zaki has previously excelled under the leadership of Hassan Shehata during the Egyptian’s coach 3-year spell as the U-20 national team manager (2001-2003) as well as his historic campaign as national team manager, as they together won two African Cup of Nations medals in 2006 and 2008.
Arab Contractors currently lie in 12th position with 17 points after handing Ismaily their 1st defeat of the season.