Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Hassan Shehata: Zaki close to Arab Contractors
The former Egyptian national team manager told Nile Sports: “Amr Zaki will arrive on the 24th of December to undergo his medical before we sign him.”
“Zaki will definitely be a strong addition to our squad, He is currently undergoing a great rehabilitation program in Dubai,” he added.
Amr Zaki, the 31-year-old striker, recently terminated his contract with Lebanese club Al-Ahed.
It’s well worth mentioning that Zaki will be Shehata’s second signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of veteran midfielder Mohamed Shawky on a 18-month contract from Malaysian club Kelantan FA, for an undisclosed fee.
Amr Zaki has previously excelled under the leadership of Hassan Shehata during the Egyptian’s coach 3-year spell as the U-20 national team manager (2001-2003) as well as his historic campaign as national team manager, as they together won two African Cup of Nations medals in 2006 and 2008.
Arab Contractors currently lie in 12th position with 17 points after handing Ismaily their 1st defeat of the season.