Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Former Sewe Sport duo train with Smouha
Smouha chairman Farag Amer has announced on Facebook that former Sewe Sport duo Ousmane Ouattara and Hermann Kouao are now training with the squad, after being given the numbers 15 and 9 respectively.
The Alexandrian club have been active in the transfer market recently, after the club clinched qualification for their first ever African competition last season. They qualified by reaching the 2014 Egyptian League final and have not taken their foot off of the pedal, reportedly securing the duo after Sewe Sports’ great run in the 2014 African Confederations Cup which ended when they lost in the final to Al Ahly.
Ousmane Ouattara plays in the center of defence, while Hermann Kouao plays as a striker. Both were in a fine run of form for their club in the final legs of the competition, which led to Smouha scouts eyeing them for possible transfers.
Smouha approach the end of the year in less than impressive form, losing six and drawing three of their 13 league matches this season. The Alexandrians sit just above the relegation zone, thanks to their superior goal difference over fellow strugglers Arab Contractors.