Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Former Sewe Sport duo train with Smouha
Smouha chairman Farag Amer has announced on Facebook that former Sewe Sport duo Ousmane Ouattara and Hermann Kouao are now training with the squad, after being given the numbers 15 and 9 respectively.
The Alexandrian club have been active in the transfer market recently, after the club clinched qualification for their first ever African competition last season. They qualified by reaching the 2014 Egyptian League final and have not taken their foot off of the pedal, reportedly securing the duo after Sewe Sports’ great run in the 2014 African Confederations Cup which ended when they lost in the final to Al Ahly.
Ousmane Ouattara plays in the center of defence, while Hermann Kouao plays as a striker. Both were in a fine run of form for their club in the final legs of the competition, which led to Smouha scouts eyeing them for possible transfers.
Smouha approach the end of the year in less than impressive form, losing six and drawing three of their 13 league matches this season. The Alexandrians sit just above the relegation zone, thanks to their superior goal difference over fellow strugglers Arab Contractors.