Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Former Sewe Sport duo train with Smouha
Smouha chairman Farag Amer has announced on Facebook that former Sewe Sport duo Ousmane Ouattara and Hermann Kouao are now training with the squad, after being given the numbers 15 and 9 respectively.
The Alexandrian club have been active in the transfer market recently, after the club clinched qualification for their first ever African competition last season. They qualified by reaching the 2014 Egyptian League final and have not taken their foot off of the pedal, reportedly securing the duo after Sewe Sports’ great run in the 2014 African Confederations Cup which ended when they lost in the final to Al Ahly.
Ousmane Ouattara plays in the center of defence, while Hermann Kouao plays as a striker. Both were in a fine run of form for their club in the final legs of the competition, which led to Smouha scouts eyeing them for possible transfers.
Smouha approach the end of the year in less than impressive form, losing six and drawing three of their 13 league matches this season. The Alexandrians sit just above the relegation zone, thanks to their superior goal difference over fellow strugglers Arab Contractors.