Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Yakin dreaming of Salah reunion at Spartak Moscow
The former Swiss international was Salah’s coach in the latter’s time at Basel, and has revealed that he would go through extreme lengths to sign the Egyptian and former teammate Fabian Frei.
“I want to sign both Mohamed Salah and Fabian Frei,” he told Blick. “I know both players well.
“I know the economic situation in Russia is not the best, but the club can afford both players’ wages.
“The club president promised a surprise in the upcoming transfermarket; I spoke with him about both Salah and Frei and I hope it will happen, that’d be my Christmas present.”
“I’ll do whatever it takes to get Salah in the team, even if I have to beg for it.”
It is also worth mentioning that despite the recent rumours linking Salah with a move away from Stamford Bridge, Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho dismissed the rumors dismissed the claim in a press conference.
Yakin’s Spartak Moscow are currently in 6th place, 12 points behind Russian Premier League leaders Zenit Saint-Petersburg, and two points off a UEFA Europa League place.