Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
Yakin dreaming of Salah reunion at Spartak Moscow
The former Swiss international was Salah’s coach in the latter’s time at Basel, and has revealed that he would go through extreme lengths to sign the Egyptian and former teammate Fabian Frei.
“I want to sign both Mohamed Salah and Fabian Frei,” he told Blick. “I know both players well.
“I know the economic situation in Russia is not the best, but the club can afford both players’ wages.
“The club president promised a surprise in the upcoming transfermarket; I spoke with him about both Salah and Frei and I hope it will happen, that’d be my Christmas present.”
“I’ll do whatever it takes to get Salah in the team, even if I have to beg for it.”
It is also worth mentioning that despite the recent rumours linking Salah with a move away from Stamford Bridge, Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho dismissed the rumors dismissed the claim in a press conference.
Yakin’s Spartak Moscow are currently in 6th place, 12 points behind Russian Premier League leaders Zenit Saint-Petersburg, and two points off a UEFA Europa League place.