The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Yakin dreaming of Salah reunion at Spartak Moscow
The former Swiss international was Salah’s coach in the latter’s time at Basel, and has revealed that he would go through extreme lengths to sign the Egyptian and former teammate Fabian Frei.
“I want to sign both Mohamed Salah and Fabian Frei,” he told Blick. “I know both players well.
“I know the economic situation in Russia is not the best, but the club can afford both players’ wages.
“The club president promised a surprise in the upcoming transfermarket; I spoke with him about both Salah and Frei and I hope it will happen, that’d be my Christmas present.”
“I’ll do whatever it takes to get Salah in the team, even if I have to beg for it.”
It is also worth mentioning that despite the recent rumours linking Salah with a move away from Stamford Bridge, Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho dismissed the rumors dismissed the claim in a press conference.
Yakin’s Spartak Moscow are currently in 6th place, 12 points behind Russian Premier League leaders Zenit Saint-Petersburg, and two points off a UEFA Europa League place.