Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Yakin dreaming of Salah reunion at Spartak Moscow
The former Swiss international was Salah’s coach in the latter’s time at Basel, and has revealed that he would go through extreme lengths to sign the Egyptian and former teammate Fabian Frei.
“I want to sign both Mohamed Salah and Fabian Frei,” he told Blick. “I know both players well.
“I know the economic situation in Russia is not the best, but the club can afford both players’ wages.
“The club president promised a surprise in the upcoming transfermarket; I spoke with him about both Salah and Frei and I hope it will happen, that’d be my Christmas present.”
“I’ll do whatever it takes to get Salah in the team, even if I have to beg for it.”
It is also worth mentioning that despite the recent rumours linking Salah with a move away from Stamford Bridge, Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho dismissed the rumors dismissed the claim in a press conference.
Yakin’s Spartak Moscow are currently in 6th place, 12 points behind Russian Premier League leaders Zenit Saint-Petersburg, and two points off a UEFA Europa League place.