Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
CAF CL and CC draw: Smouha, Petrojet learn opponents
The draws for the 2015 CAF Champions League and Confederations Cup were held at the federation’s headquarters in Cairo earlier today, and threw up some interesting fixtures.
Smouha, who finished second in the 2014 Egyptian Premier League season, have been drawn against Libyan powerhouse Al-Ahli Tripoli.
Petrojet, meanwhile, have landed a tie with South Sudanese side Ghazala after qualifying for the playoffs of the previous league season.
The first legs of the preliminary rounds are set for the 13th, 14th and 15th of February, with the return games scheduled two weeks later.
It is worth noting that this is Smouha’s first ever appearance in a continental competition, following their promotion in 2011.
Petrojet are no veterans of CAF competitions either; the Suez-based club are making just their second Confederations Cup appearance after reaching the round of sixteen more than four years ago.