Egypt national team coach Hector Cuper praised AS Roma’s winger Mohamed Salah...
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
CAF CL and CC draw: Smouha, Petrojet learn opponents
The draws for the 2015 CAF Champions League and Confederations Cup were held at the federation’s headquarters in Cairo earlier today, and threw up some interesting fixtures.
Al Ahly and Zamalek were exempted – among other clubs – from the preliminary round of the Champions League and Confederations Cup respectively.
Smouha, who finished second in the 2014 Egyptian Premier League season, have been drawn against Libyan powerhouse Al-Ahli Tripoli.
Petrojet, meanwhile, have landed a tie with South Sudanese side Ghazala after qualifying for the playoffs of the previous league season.
The first legs of the preliminary rounds are set for the 13th, 14th and 15th of February, with the return games scheduled two weeks later.
It is worth noting that this is Smouha’s first ever appearance in a continental competition, following their promotion in 2011.
Petrojet are no veterans of CAF competitions either; the Suez-based club are making just their second Confederations Cup appearance after reaching the round of sixteen more than four years ago.