Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
CAF CL and CC draw: Smouha, Petrojet learn opponents
The draws for the 2015 CAF Champions League and Confederations Cup were held at the federation’s headquarters in Cairo earlier today, and threw up some interesting fixtures.
Al Ahly and Zamalek were exempted – among other clubs – from the preliminary round of the Champions League and Confederations Cup respectively.
Smouha, who finished second in the 2014 Egyptian Premier League season, have been drawn against Libyan powerhouse Al-Ahli Tripoli.
Petrojet, meanwhile, have landed a tie with South Sudanese side Ghazala after qualifying for the playoffs of the previous league season.
The first legs of the preliminary rounds are set for the 13th, 14th and 15th of February, with the return games scheduled two weeks later.
It is worth noting that this is Smouha’s first ever appearance in a continental competition, following their promotion in 2011.
Petrojet are no veterans of CAF competitions either; the Suez-based club are making just their second Confederations Cup appearance after reaching the round of sixteen more than four years ago.