Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Al Ahly and Al Masry to be played on January 3
Amer Hussein, Head of the competitions committee has revealed that the game between Al Ahly and Al Masry will be played on the 3rd of January.
The game, which was supposed to be played on the 20th of December, was postponed due to the Port Said disaster verdict, which was due to be announced on the same day.
The competitions committee also took the decision to postpone Al Ahly and Al Masry’s games with El-Gouna and Ittihad El-Shorta, and are due to announce the dates of the games.
This will be the first game between both sides since the 2012 Port Said massacre, in which 72 members of Ultras Ahlawy died due to post-game violence.
Al Ahly and Al Masry are set to face one another in Gouna due to a decision by the Egyptian FA in order to avoid any fan violence.
The Green Eagles have recently appointed former Ittihad of Alexandria coach Jose Maqueda, after the sacking of Tarek Yehia.