Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Al Ahly and Al Masry to be played on January 3
Amer Hussein, Head of the competitions committee has revealed that the game between Al Ahly and Al Masry will be played on the 3rd of January.
The game, which was supposed to be played on the 20th of December, was postponed due to the Port Said disaster verdict, which was due to be announced on the same day.
The competitions committee also took the decision to postpone Al Ahly and Al Masry’s games with El-Gouna and Ittihad El-Shorta, and are due to announce the dates of the games.
This will be the first game between both sides since the 2012 Port Said massacre, in which 72 members of Ultras Ahlawy died due to post-game violence.
Al Ahly and Al Masry are set to face one another in Gouna due to a decision by the Egyptian FA in order to avoid any fan violence.
The Green Eagles have recently appointed former Ittihad of Alexandria coach Jose Maqueda, after the sacking of Tarek Yehia.