Al Ahly have completed the signing of Kilmarnock FC striker Souleymane Coulibaly...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
Al Ahly and Al Masry to be played on January 3
Amer Hussein, Head of the competitions committee has revealed that the game between Al Ahly and Al Masry will be played on the 3rd of January.
The game, which was supposed to be played on the 20th of December, was postponed due to the Port Said disaster verdict, which was due to be announced on the same day.
The competitions committee also took the decision to postpone Al Ahly and Al Masry’s games with El-Gouna and Ittihad El-Shorta, and are due to announce the dates of the games.
This will be the first game between both sides since the 2012 Port Said massacre, in which 72 members of Ultras Ahlawy died due to post-game violence.
Al Ahly and Al Masry are set to face one another in Gouna due to a decision by the Egyptian FA in order to avoid any fan violence.
The Green Eagles have recently appointed former Ittihad of Alexandria coach Jose Maqueda, after the sacking of Tarek Yehia.