Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly was pleased with his performance against Sokar El-Hawamdia...
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
Al Ahly and Al Masry to be played on January 3
Amer Hussein, Head of the competitions committee has revealed that the game between Al Ahly and Al Masry will be played on the 3rd of January.
The game, which was supposed to be played on the 20th of December, was postponed due to the Port Said disaster verdict, which was due to be announced on the same day.
The competitions committee also took the decision to postpone Al Ahly and Al Masry’s games with El-Gouna and Ittihad El-Shorta, and are due to announce the dates of the games.
This will be the first game between both sides since the 2012 Port Said massacre, in which 72 members of Ultras Ahlawy died due to post-game violence.
Al Ahly and Al Masry are set to face one another in Gouna due to a decision by the Egyptian FA in order to avoid any fan violence.
The Green Eagles have recently appointed former Ittihad of Alexandria coach Jose Maqueda, after the sacking of Tarek Yehia.