The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Al Ahly and Al Masry to be played on January 3
Amer Hussein, Head of the competitions committee has revealed that the game between Al Ahly and Al Masry will be played on the 3rd of January.
The game, which was supposed to be played on the 20th of December, was postponed due to the Port Said disaster verdict, which was due to be announced on the same day.
The competitions committee also took the decision to postpone Al Ahly and Al Masry’s games with El-Gouna and Ittihad El-Shorta, and are due to announce the dates of the games.
This will be the first game between both sides since the 2012 Port Said massacre, in which 72 members of Ultras Ahlawy died due to post-game violence.
Al Ahly and Al Masry are set to face one another in Gouna due to a decision by the Egyptian FA in order to avoid any fan violence.
The Green Eagles have recently appointed former Ittihad of Alexandria coach Jose Maqueda, after the sacking of Tarek Yehia.