Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
El-Ashry: Mo’men Zakaria not a part of ENPPI’s plans
Zakaria, whose loan spell at the Whites ends in January 2014, was linked with a return to his parent club but El-Ashry has rubbished such rumours, stating that there are many good players in the squad who can play the same role.
“I am not in the need of Mo’men’s presence in the team,” he told Al Ahly TV. “There are many good players on our team who can do the same job.”
El-Ashry continued his words by saying that if negotiations between the Petroleum giants and Zamalek’s board fail to reach an agreement, then Mo’men Zakaria will return to ENPPI where he will be sold.
“Mo’men Zakaria is out of our plans and if negotiations fail with Zamalek then he will return to the club, where he will likely be sold,” he continued.
The Al Ahly youth product, Zakaria is reportedly linked with a return to El-Gezira as the Reds’ arch-rivals are disagreeing to meat the ENPPI’s price tag for the player which is 5 million EGP, plus another 3.75 million which is the amount Zamalek are yet to pay for Islam Awad who made the move from Petrosport to Meet Okba in 2011.
Zakaria is having a very good run with Zamalek after joining back in september 2013 with 9 goals and 5 assists in 45 appearances.