In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Koffi and Yedan included in Burkina Faso 24-man AFCON squad
Zamalek defensive midfielder Mohamed Koffi and Al Ahly winger Moussa Yedan were among the names included in the 24-man squad, which will be trimmed by just one player in the coming days.
Koffi, who recently returned to Egypt this June, has only scored once for the Burkinabé national team. He may also be expected to ramp up his defensive role due to the absence of Alain Traoré, who could possibly miss the tournament due to injury.
Also getting the call for the preliminary 24-man squad is Moussa Yedan, who was in the Al-Ahly squad that clinched the CAF Confederation Cup title earlier this month. The 25-year-old left-winger has scored once for Al-Ahly but has no goals in international play.
Burkina Faso is in Group A at the 2015 CAN, facing off against Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Congo-Brazzaville.
The Stallions will kick off the tournament against Equatorial Guinea on January 17th.
Burkina Faso’s preliminary squad:
Goalkeepers: Moussa Germain Sanou (Beauvais – France), Abdoulaye Soulama (Olympic Sporting Club – Ghana), Moussa Fofana (Santos FC – Burkina Faso).
Defenders: Bakary Koné (Lyon – France), Steeve Yago (Toulouse – France), Narcisse Bambara (University Cluj – Romania),Paul Koulibaly (Horoya- Guinea Conakry), Wilfried Balima (Sheriff Tiraspol – Moldova), Issa Gouo (AS Kaloum – Guinea Conakry).
Midfielders: Prejuce Nakoulma (Mersin İdmanyurdu SK – Turkey), Mohamed Koffi (Zamalek – Egypt), Charles Kabore (Kuban – Russia) , Jonathan Zongo (Almeiria – Spain) , Bertrand Traore (Speed Harnheim – Netherlands), Florent Rouamba (AC Bastia – France), Adama Guirra (Sonderyesk – Denmark),Djakaridja Koné (Evian – France), Alain Traoré (Lorient – France).
Forwards: Banu Diawara (RCB -Burkina Faso), Moussa Yedan (Al Ahly – Egypt), Jonathan Pitroipa (Al Jazeera – United Arab Emirates), Aristide Bancé (HJK Helsinki – Finland) Issiaka Ouédraogo (Admira Wacker – Australia).