Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Koffi and Yedan included in Burkina Faso 24-man AFCON squad
Moussa Yedan and Mohamed Koffi are among the players selected in manager Paul Put’s provisional Burkina Faso squad for the 2015 AFCON.
Zamalek defensive midfielder Mohamed Koffi and Al Ahly winger Moussa Yedan were among the names included in the 24-man squad, which will be trimmed by just one player in the coming days.
Koffi, who recently returned to Egypt this June, has only scored once for the Burkinabé national team. He may also be expected to ramp up his defensive role due to the absence of Alain Traoré, who could possibly miss the tournament due to injury.
Also getting the call for the preliminary 24-man squad is Moussa Yedan, who was in the Al-Ahly squad that clinched the CAF Confederation Cup title earlier this month. The 25-year-old left-winger has scored once for Al-Ahly but has no goals in international play.
Burkina Faso is in Group A at the 2015 CAN, facing off against Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Congo-Brazzaville.
The Stallions will kick off the tournament against Equatorial Guinea on January 17th.
Burkina Faso’s preliminary squad:
Goalkeepers: Moussa Germain Sanou (Beauvais – France), Abdoulaye Soulama (Olympic Sporting Club – Ghana), Moussa Fofana (Santos FC – Burkina Faso).
Defenders: Bakary Koné (Lyon – France), Steeve Yago (Toulouse – France), Narcisse Bambara (University Cluj – Romania),Paul Koulibaly (Horoya- Guinea Conakry), Wilfried Balima (Sheriff Tiraspol – Moldova), Issa Gouo (AS Kaloum – Guinea Conakry).
Midfielders: Prejuce Nakoulma (Mersin İdmanyurdu SK – Turkey), Mohamed Koffi (Zamalek – Egypt), Charles Kabore (Kuban – Russia) , Jonathan Zongo (Almeiria – Spain) , Bertrand Traore (Speed Harnheim – Netherlands), Florent Rouamba (AC Bastia – France), Adama Guirra (Sonderyesk – Denmark),Djakaridja Koné (Evian – France), Alain Traoré (Lorient – France).
Forwards: Banu Diawara (RCB -Burkina Faso), Moussa Yedan (Al Ahly – Egypt), Jonathan Pitroipa (Al Jazeera – United Arab Emirates), Aristide Bancé (HJK Helsinki – Finland) Issiaka Ouédraogo (Admira Wacker – Australia).