A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Koffi and Yedan included in Burkina Faso 24-man AFCON squad
Moussa Yedan and Mohamed Koffi are among the players selected in manager Paul Put’s provisional Burkina Faso squad for the 2015 AFCON.
Zamalek defensive midfielder Mohamed Koffi and Al Ahly winger Moussa Yedan were among the names included in the 24-man squad, which will be trimmed by just one player in the coming days.
Koffi, who recently returned to Egypt this June, has only scored once for the Burkinabé national team. He may also be expected to ramp up his defensive role due to the absence of Alain Traoré, who could possibly miss the tournament due to injury.
Also getting the call for the preliminary 24-man squad is Moussa Yedan, who was in the Al-Ahly squad that clinched the CAF Confederation Cup title earlier this month. The 25-year-old left-winger has scored once for Al-Ahly but has no goals in international play.
Burkina Faso is in Group A at the 2015 CAN, facing off against Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Congo-Brazzaville.
The Stallions will kick off the tournament against Equatorial Guinea on January 17th.
Burkina Faso’s preliminary squad:
Goalkeepers: Moussa Germain Sanou (Beauvais – France), Abdoulaye Soulama (Olympic Sporting Club – Ghana), Moussa Fofana (Santos FC – Burkina Faso).
Defenders: Bakary Koné (Lyon – France), Steeve Yago (Toulouse – France), Narcisse Bambara (University Cluj – Romania),Paul Koulibaly (Horoya- Guinea Conakry), Wilfried Balima (Sheriff Tiraspol – Moldova), Issa Gouo (AS Kaloum – Guinea Conakry).
Midfielders: Prejuce Nakoulma (Mersin İdmanyurdu SK – Turkey), Mohamed Koffi (Zamalek – Egypt), Charles Kabore (Kuban – Russia) , Jonathan Zongo (Almeiria – Spain) , Bertrand Traore (Speed Harnheim – Netherlands), Florent Rouamba (AC Bastia – France), Adama Guirra (Sonderyesk – Denmark),Djakaridja Koné (Evian – France), Alain Traoré (Lorient – France).
Forwards: Banu Diawara (RCB -Burkina Faso), Moussa Yedan (Al Ahly – Egypt), Jonathan Pitroipa (Al Jazeera – United Arab Emirates), Aristide Bancé (HJK Helsinki – Finland) Issiaka Ouédraogo (Admira Wacker – Australia).