Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Me and Ibrahimovic almost killed each other
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Hegazy: I won’t leave Fiorentina
Fiorentina centre back Ahmed Hegazy has confirmed that he has no intention of leaving Fiorentina during the January transfer window.
Rumours about the Egyptian’s departure have been circulating for a while now, as the player has struggled to get playing time this season after returning from a 6-month ACL injury.
The 23-year-old defender expressed his happiness at being a Viola player to Viola News.
“The club arranged a Christmas party a few days ago that I attended. I am okay at Fiorentina and have good relationships with my teammates, coaching staff and management,” Hegazy said.
He also added that he hasn’t sat down with any of the club officials to discuss the possibility of leaving the club in January.
“I wont leave Fiorentina; I have no intention to go elsewhere and there is absolutely no truth to any of the news being reported lately. I haven’t spoken to anyone in the club about my departure,” he exclaimed.
Fiorentina manager Vincenzo Montella praised the Egyptian defender last week, saying that Hegazy is a player he can trust and rely on.
Recently, multiple Italian newspapers have been reporting that Hegazy could leave to one of Lazio, Atalanta, and most recently Chievo. French side Bastia and German club Freiburg were also mentioned as possible destinations for Hegazy.