Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Al Ahly defender Sherif Hazem ruled out for 4-6 weeks
Sherif Hazem will be out of action for a period of four to six weeks, as he suffers from a hamstring muscle strain.
Al Ahly’s medical staff announced that Hazem will need to rest for at least one month to recover from his injury, joining a list of injured players including Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’, Amr Gamal, Bassem Ali, and Hussein El-Sayed.
The 25-year-old center back was injured during the team’s last match against Ittihad on Wednesday, which ended in a 4-1 win for the Alexandria-based club, making way for Saladin Said near the beginning of the second half.
The Red Devils’ upcoming match will be against Misr El-Maqassa on Sunday in the 15th round of the Egyptian Premier League, as they aim to bounce back from the defeat against Za’eem El Thaghr.