Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Kahraba: Turning down Al Ahly is impossible
Egyptian starlet Mahmoud Kahraba has insisted that his goal is to emulate Mohamed Salah and continue to play football in Europe, but won’t refuse an offer from Al Ahly.
The Egyptian youngster expressed his admiration for Mohamed Salah, whom he considers his role model.
“My goal is to replicate Mohamed Salah’s experience in Europe, I want to return there, he is my role model and I always keep his achievements in my mind to motivate me,” he said.
“Mohamed Salah was not mistaken when he chose Chelsea, his presence in Chelsea’s squad makes all Egyptians proud; I do not advise him to leave like many others do,” he added.
Regarding the Ahly reports, Kahraba explained that if an offer came in, he would leave ENPPI to join the league champions.
“If Al Ahly make an official offer to sign me from ENPPI, I won’t be able to reject it,” he concluded.
Kahraba’s supposed 6-month loan stint at Zurich’s Grasshopper ended ahead of schedule. According to the player, the Swiss club’s manager kept ignoring him during official games on purpose, which pushed him to leave.
However, the Egyptian U-23 forward emphasized that the beginning of his Grasshopper move was very successful, stating that his relationship with the manager was great at the start. The player was surprised with the coaching staff’s attitude shift as his playing time decreased dramatically afterwards.
It must be noted that Kahraba has been called up for the Egyptian Olympic team camp in January in preparation for the Kenya encounter, which is part of the 2015 All-Africa Games qualifiers.