Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
VIDEO: Al Ahly scrape all three points against Misr El-Maqassa
The Red Devils’ lone goal came through Ahmed Abdel-Zaher towards the end of the first half, overcoming last week’s thrashing against Hossam Hassan’s Ittihad of Alexandria.
Al Ahly XI: Mosaad Awad; Mohamed Hany, Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, Hussein El-Sayed; Hossam Ashour, Hossam Ghaly, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Walid Soliman; Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Saladin Said.
Misr El-Maqassa XI: Mostafa Kamal; Ahmed El-Sayed, Hany Said, Ahmed Samy, Bassem Abdel-Aziz; Abdallah Farouk, Omar Nagdy, Mahmoud Bazied, Ahmed El-Sheikh, Hussein El-Shahat; Wael Farag.
After getting battered against Ittihad of Alexandria last week; Al Ahly kicked off the match showing their other side, dominating the early minutes of the game.
In the eighth minute, 2o-year-old Mahmoud Trezeguet went down the right flank to send in his cross to Ethiopian Saladin Said who failed to guide the ball into the net.
Four minutes later, Mahmoud Trezeguet came close to scoring the first of the match after taking a shot from outside the 18 yard-box that went just over the bar.
It took the Red Devils 37 minutes to score; Saladin Said latched onto Hussein El-Sayed’s cross from the left flank passing the ball to Ahmed Abdel-Zaher who calmly from the edge of the six-yard box.
The visitors looked sharp in the beginning of the second half as they were looking for the equaliser.
Just four minutes into the second-half, Maqassa striker Wael Farag was very close from a leveller, when his shot from outside the box went over the bar.
Wall Farag gave Awad a tough time once again in the 57th minute, as the striker latched onto a cross from the right side but his header went by the bar.
Saladin Said was again on target in the 79th minute as he headed in Mohamed Hany’s cross, his header though went just over the bar.
Al Ahly youngster and substitute Karim Bambo came close to doubling the Devils’ lead one minute after coming on as his shot from the right side of the box went wide of the post.