Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Al Ahly vs Al Masry postponed for the second time
The Egyptian Football Federation competitions committee notified Al Ahly officials that they will be facing El-Gouna on the 3rd of January instead of Al Masry in the 16th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Alaa Abdel-Sadek, Al Ahly’s football team supervisor said that the club received an official notification from the EFA that Al Ahly’s match on the 3rd of January will be against El-Gouna and not the Port Said based club.
Azmy Megahed, the EFA’s Media Director, said that the reason behind the match being postponed is Christmas and New Year’s celebrations after a request from Sameh Sawiras, El-Gouna’s president, who wanted the match to be played after the 7th of January.
Due to this decision, Al Masry will play against Ittihad El-Shorta in the 16th round of the Egyptian Premier League, while the Red Devils’ match against the Port Said-based club has been moved to the 10th of January.
This match was originally scheduled to be played on the 20th of December, however, it was postponed to the 3rd of January because the Port Said trial verdict was on the same day..
It’s well worth mentioning that this will be the first time the two sides meet since the atrocious Port-Said massacare in Febraury 2012.