History is not ruling out Zamalek yet, as it is up to...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Al Ahly vs Al Masry postponed for the second time
The Egyptian Football Federation competitions committee notified Al Ahly officials that they will be facing El-Gouna on the 3rd of January instead of Al Masry in the 16th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Alaa Abdel-Sadek, Al Ahly’s football team supervisor said that the club received an official notification from the EFA that Al Ahly’s match on the 3rd of January will be against El-Gouna and not the Port Said based club.
Azmy Megahed, the EFA’s Media Director, said that the reason behind the match being postponed is Christmas and New Year’s celebrations after a request from Sameh Sawiras, El-Gouna’s president, who wanted the match to be played after the 7th of January.
Due to this decision, Al Masry will play against Ittihad El-Shorta in the 16th round of the Egyptian Premier League, while the Red Devils’ match against the Port Said-based club has been moved to the 10th of January.
This match was originally scheduled to be played on the 20th of December, however, it was postponed to the 3rd of January because the Port Said trial verdict was on the same day..
It’s well worth mentioning that this will be the first time the two sides meet since the atrocious Port-Said massacare in Febraury 2012.