Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Stephan El-Shaarawy: I am very fond of my roots
Half Egyptian forward Stephan El-Shaarawy mentions his appreciation of his roots while discussing his rise at AC Milan during the ninth edition of the Dubai International Sports Conference.
The 22-year-old comes from a mixed race family having an Egyptian father and an Italian mother. He discusses, once again, the importance of his Arab roots that pushed him to being a football star.
“I am very fond of my roots. Every time I can, I go back to Egypt to see my family there. The path I followed has been great so far. Luckily, I was able to wear the Milan jersey at 18,” el-Shaarawy said.
“I have always supported this team. It is my fourth year in Milan, I have had great times and some more troubled ones.
“Now, I am happy to wear the jersey. In future, I hope to give a lot more to Milan and to Italian football. Milan made me feel at home right away. Milan is a big family, and I am honoured to wear the jersey.”
El-Shaarawy had made 11 appearances this term under Milan’s new head coach Filippo Inzaghi, returning from a serious foot injury which he had suffered last season.