Ghana and FC Schalke left-back Baba Rahman was ruled out of the African...
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
Al Ahly, Mortada Mansour announce Momen Zakaria signing
Earlier on Tuesday, Al Ahly officially announced the signing of Momen Zakaria, who spent a year on loan at Zamalek SC, for a transfer fee of five million Egyptian Pounds for the duration of five years.
A few hours after Al Ahly’s announcement, Momen Zakaria went missing, turned his phone off according to reports only for Zamalek president Mortada Mansour to announce his success in hijacking the deal from Al Ahly live on TV. It is not the first time it has happened this season as Al Ahly announced the signing of Moruf Youssef from Ittihad El-Shorta in the summer transfer window, only for Mortada to sign the player for the Whites.
Mortada Mansour also revealed that ENPPI wanted a transfer fee of five million EGP plus overdue wages of the former Zamalek player Islam Awad for an estimated 3.75 million EGP but he refused because the deal was done in former Zamalek president Mamdouh Abbas’ era, saying that “it’s not his problem.”
It remains to be seen whether Momen will be wearing red or white as we await an official announcement from the player.
Momen Zakaria played 45 games for Zamalek SC in the Egyptian Premier League, while he has scored 8 goals and recording 7 assists this season.