Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Gomaa sent off as Benfica edge Nacional in cup
Benfica started brightly and got their reward after 11 minutes asMaxi Pereira’s cross found Jonas who headed in from 6 yards to give the hosts the lead.
Minutes later, Benfica nearly doubled their advantage as Pereira cut inside but his shot hit the bar to deny the Uruguayan a rare goal.
The second half was much more even, as Nacional nearly stunned the hosts as confusion inside the Benfica box gave Mario Rondon a free shot but his effort didn’t hit the target.
However, Benfica replied instantly as Ola John finished well after some neat build up play by the hosts but the goal was disallowed for offside.
Benfica controlled most of the second half, and five minutes before full-time, Egyptian International Saleh Gomaa was sent off for an elbow on Benfica’s star Nico Gaitan to cap a frustrating evening for the visitors.
It’s well worth mentioning that Nacional currently lie in 3rd place in their Taça da Liga group with two games remaining.