Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
VIDEO: Al Ahly beat El-Gouna by two goals
Hussien El-Sayed and Emad Meteb scored for the Red Devils to secure the three points for the Cairo based club.
Al Ahly XI: Mosaad Awad; Mohamed Hany, Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, Hussein El-Sayed; Hossam Ashour, Hossam Ghaly, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ (El-Said ’87), Walid Soliman (Karim Bambo ’83); Ahmed Abdel-Zaher (Emad Meteb ’77), Saladin Said.
El-Gouna XI: Amer Amer; Hassan El-Shamy, Sherif Reda, Saad Hosny, Amr Tarek; Mahmoud Sayed, Islam Mohareb (Karim Tarek ’60), Ahmed Afify; Samuel Okran (Sherif Ashraf ’72), Mohamed Rizk; Amr El-Said
The first 10 minutes of the game saw total control from Al Ahly, as the Cairo based side exploited El-Gouna’s weak left flank, while El-Gouna invited pressure and looked to hit back on the counter.
In the 15th minute, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ played a beautifully weighted pass to Hussien El-Sayed, who scored with his left foot to give Al Ahly the lead.
Al Ahly remained in control for the rest of the first half, while El-Gouna had no real threat on Awad’s goal. El-Gouna’s physical style was evident in the first half, as three players received yellow cards.
The first ten minutes of the second half saw El-Gouna push forward in a bid to equalise as early as possible, while Al Ahly dropped back and looked to threaten the hosts on the counter.
Al Ahly then controlled possession in the middle of the park as both sides were very conservative with their attacking threats.
In the 82nd minute, Al Ahly were awarded a penalty after one of El-Gouna’s defenders handled the ball inside the penalty box. However, Emad Meteb, Al Ahly’s talismanic striker, played a weak penalty which Amer managed to save. Minutes later, Meteb had another chance to score as he was through on goal, however, his shot was over the bar.
In the 5th minute of added time, Karim Bambo sent a cross from the right side for Emad Meteb to head in Al Ahly’s second goal of the game and secure the three points for the Red Devils.
KingFut’s Man of the Match: Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’. Al Ahly’s youngster was very lively throughout the game and provided a beautiful assist for Al Ahly’s 1st goal.