KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Momen Zakaria available for Al Ahly SC debut
The Egyptian FA has announced that Momen Zakaria won’t be banned before an investigative meeting concludes and he will be available for Al Ahly’s next match against Al Masry.
The Egyptian Football Association board of directors members Mahmoud Shamy and Hassan Farid have reversed the decision to ban Zakaria, until they investigate with the player and revise the papers that Zamalek SC chairman, Mortada Mansour, handed to the FA when issuing the complaint.
Ahmed Megahed, an EFA board of directors member, announced that there will be a meeting with the player next Thursday and he will not be banned until a final decision is made from the meeting.
Megahed also added that he has offered to solve the problem in a friendly manner by asking Zamalek to terminate the complaint, but that doesn’t seem likely to work following the club’s chairman Mortada Mansour’s recent comments surrounding the matter.
Mansour was quoted as saying: “I will resign if the Egyptian FA claims that Momen Zakaria didn’t sign with Zamalek SC.”