Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Momen Zakaria available for Al Ahly SC debut
The Egyptian FA has announced that Momen Zakaria won’t be banned before an investigative meeting concludes and he will be available for Al Ahly’s next match against Al Masry.
The Egyptian Football Association board of directors members Mahmoud Shamy and Hassan Farid have reversed the decision to ban Zakaria, until they investigate with the player and revise the papers that Zamalek SC chairman, Mortada Mansour, handed to the FA when issuing the complaint.
Ahmed Megahed, an EFA board of directors member, announced that there will be a meeting with the player next Thursday and he will not be banned until a final decision is made from the meeting.
Megahed also added that he has offered to solve the problem in a friendly manner by asking Zamalek to terminate the complaint, but that doesn’t seem likely to work following the club’s chairman Mortada Mansour’s recent comments surrounding the matter.
Mansour was quoted as saying: “I will resign if the Egyptian FA claims that Momen Zakaria didn’t sign with Zamalek SC.”