Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Momen Zakaria available for Al Ahly SC debut
The Egyptian FA has announced that Momen Zakaria won’t be banned before an investigative meeting concludes and he will be available for Al Ahly’s next match against Al Masry.
The Egyptian Football Association board of directors members Mahmoud Shamy and Hassan Farid have reversed the decision to ban Zakaria, until they investigate with the player and revise the papers that Zamalek SC chairman, Mortada Mansour, handed to the FA when issuing the complaint.
Ahmed Megahed, an EFA board of directors member, announced that there will be a meeting with the player next Thursday and he will not be banned until a final decision is made from the meeting.
Megahed also added that he has offered to solve the problem in a friendly manner by asking Zamalek to terminate the complaint, but that doesn’t seem likely to work following the club’s chairman Mortada Mansour’s recent comments surrounding the matter.
Mansour was quoted as saying: “I will resign if the Egyptian FA claims that Momen Zakaria didn’t sign with Zamalek SC.”