Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Egypt U-23s to play two friendlies against Ghana
The first friendly is set to take place in Ghana on January 13, while the subsequent match will be played in Cairo four days later.
The teams will be hoping to secure qualification to the 2015 CAF U-23 Championship later this year. The tournament’s top three finishers will automatically qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Brazil.
“The Olympic team will play two friendly matches against Ghana on 13 and 17 January in Cairo,” the EFA said in a statement on its official website.
“The two matches are part of the teams’ preparations for the 2015 All-Africa Games qualifiers and the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil,” the statement added.
It is worth noting Nigeria U-23 Media Officer Timi Ebikagboro previously made an announcement that the Eagles would face Egypt four times in the New Year, listing January 15 and 17, and February 20 and 22 as the match dates.
Egypt’s U-23 squad, currently led by ex-Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry, is hoping to qualify for the Olympics for the second time running. The team made the quarter-finals at London 2012 with ex-Egypt international Hany Ramzy at the helm, its first trip to the Olympics in 20 years.