Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Egypt U-23s to play two friendlies against Ghana
The Egypt U-23 national team is set to face Ghana in two friendlies later this month in preparation for the 2015 CAF U-23 Championship, the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) announced.
The first friendly is set to take place in Ghana on January 13, while the subsequent match will be played in Cairo four days later.
The teams will be hoping to secure qualification to the 2015 CAF U-23 Championship later this year. The tournament’s top three finishers will automatically qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Brazil.
“The Olympic team will play two friendly matches against Ghana on 13 and 17 January in Cairo,” the EFA said in a statement on its official website.
“The two matches are part of the teams’ preparations for the 2015 All-Africa Games qualifiers and the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil,” the statement added.
It is worth noting Nigeria U-23 Media Officer Timi Ebikagboro previously made an announcement that the Eagles would face Egypt four times in the New Year, listing January 15 and 17, and February 20 and 22 as the match dates.
Egypt’s U-23 squad, currently led by ex-Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry, is hoping to qualify for the Olympics for the second time running. The team made the quarter-finals at London 2012 with ex-Egypt international Hany Ramzy at the helm, its first trip to the Olympics in 20 years.