Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Sam Morsy captains Chesterfield to 2-2 draw against Scunthorpe
An inspired second-half comeback from Chesterfield, captained by Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy, earned themselves a FA Cup third round replay against fellow League One side Scunthorpe United.
Scunthorpe United took the lead in the 18th minute when Alex Davey fired home from outside the box.
Lyle Taylor doubled the home sides lead in the 43rd minute slotting home beating goalkeeper Thomas Lee.
Chesterfield’s comeback began in the 70th minute when Eoin Doyle covered a penalty after Gary Roberts was brought down inside the box. It was Eoin Doyle’s 18th of the season.
The comeback was complete in the 84th minute when Jay O’Shea equalise into the bottom left corner of the goal.
The replay will be played at the Spireites’ stadium, The Proact. If they proceed to the fourth round they will play fellow Derbyshire side Derby County.