Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Hossam Hassan leaves Gil Vicente for Ittihad of Alexandria
Hossam joined Gil Vicente in July, along with compatriot Marwan Mohsen, but failed to win a place in the squad, and made just two appearances totalling 76 minutes during his six-month spell in Portugal.
In late December, after he failed to turn up for training, the club announced that he was suspended, and that they were ‘initiating’ disciplinary proceedings on the 25-year-old. It later turned out that he was attending his own wedding in Egypt, but failed to ask the club’s permission beforehand.
The player joins Ittihad of Alexandria on a six-month loan deal according to reports in Egypt, while parent club Gil Vicente are cemented to the bottom of the Primeira Liga table.