Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Hossam Hassan leaves Gil Vicente for Ittihad of Alexandria
Hossam joined Gil Vicente in July, along with compatriot Marwan Mohsen, but failed to win a place in the squad, and made just two appearances totalling 76 minutes during his six-month spell in Portugal.
In late December, after he failed to turn up for training, the club announced that he was suspended, and that they were ‘initiating’ disciplinary proceedings on the 25-year-old. It later turned out that he was attending his own wedding in Egypt, but failed to ask the club’s permission beforehand.
The player joins Ittihad of Alexandria on a six-month loan deal according to reports in Egypt, while parent club Gil Vicente are cemented to the bottom of the Primeira Liga table.