Algerian side MO Bejaia are eyeing their first continental competition when they...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Hossam Hassan leaves Gil Vicente for Ittihad of Alexandria
Hossam joined Gil Vicente in July, along with compatriot Marwan Mohsen, but failed to win a place in the squad, and made just two appearances totalling 76 minutes during his six-month spell in Portugal.
In late December, after he failed to turn up for training, the club announced that he was suspended, and that they were ‘initiating’ disciplinary proceedings on the 25-year-old. It later turned out that he was attending his own wedding in Egypt, but failed to ask the club’s permission beforehand.
The player joins Ittihad of Alexandria on a six-month loan deal according to reports in Egypt, while parent club Gil Vicente are cemented to the bottom of the Primeira Liga table.