Mohamed Elneny took park in the “Impossible Behind The Goal Shot” challenge...
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
VIDEO: Koka scores as Rio Ave progress in cup
Following on from last season’s two cup runs, Rio Ave this evening had the chance to to progress to their third straight semi-final, and they did so in style, with a flurry of second-half goals putting the game beyond doubt, after the they had gone in at the break 1-0.
The home side opened the scoring after just five minutes, with Renan’s shot rebounding off Adriano in the Gil Vicente goal before falling to Diego Lopes, who made no mistake from close range.
Rio Ave dominated the rest of the first half, but failed to capitalise on that dominance, and it ended 1-0 at the interval.
After the break, Rio Ave extended their lead through an Ukra penalty, but Gil Vicente reduced the deficit ten minutes later through João Vilela, whose low shot from 25-yards out caught Ederson out at his far post.
Rio Ave have stagnated somewhat in recent weeks, winning just three of their previous ten games prior to this, and they were left reeling when Simy’s excellent solo-goal levelled the score up at 2-2.
The joy was short lived for Gil, though, as they conceded a further two goals within the space of two minutes with Pedro Moreira netting his fourth goal of the season, and Lionn netting his first with a fantastic shot at the far post, following some excellent link up play in the build-up.
Gabriel Moura received his marching orders with three minutes remaining after a foul on Ukra, and two minutes later, Koka completed the goalfest with a fantastic powering header from a Yonatan Del Valle cross with just a minute of normal time remaining remaining.
This goal, his second in as many games, was also his tenth of the season, and his pre-season target of fifteen goals now looks even more achievable.