Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
Zakaria included in Al Ahly squad against Al Masry
Al Ahly’s Spanish coach, Juan Carlos Garrido, announced his 19-man squad to face Al Masry on Saturday in El-Gouna stadium.
The match, which was supposed to be played in the 14th round of the Egyptian Premier League was postponed two times before, then the EFA finally announced that it’ll be played on the 10th of January.
Al Ahly will be without the services of Hossam Ashour and Walid Soliman due to suspension, and Sherif Hazem due to injury.
Al Ahly squad includes Momen Zakaria for the first time, as the EFA announced that the player won’t be suspended until investigation is concluded, which makes him available to play against Al Masry. Moreover, Ramadan Sobhy returns to the squad this match after being left out in El-Gouna’s match.
Goalkeepers: Mossad Awad, Ragab Abdel-Kafi.
Defenders: Hussein El-Sayed, Sherif Abdel-Fadil, Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, Sabry Rahil, Mohamed Hany.
Midfielders: Ramadan Sobhy, Mohamed Rizk, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Islam Roshdy, Momen Zakaria, Abdallah El-Said, Karim Bambo.
Forwards: Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, Emad Meteb, Saladin Said.
It’s well worth mentioning that Al Masry is currently 4 points above the relegation zone, while Al Ahly is 10 points below the leaders, however, Al Ahly have played three games less than league leaders, Zamalek.