Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Smouha sack French manager Denis Lavagne
The Blues were dealt a heavy defeat against the Marsa Matrouh side, losing 3-1, which proved to be the final nail in the coffin for club chairman Farag Amer, sacking the man he hired to replace Hamada Sedky.
Lavagne took charge after Hamada Sedky’s sacking at the start of 2014/2015 season, but a string of bad results leave Smouha at 15th in the league with 17 points from as many games following their historic run in the league last year, finishing in second place.
Smouha SC recently signed Séwé Sport trio Hermann Kouao, Ousmane Ouattara and Mansou Kouakouall to strengthen the team to be able to perform in the CAF Champions League, but the French manager won’t be with the side ahead of their debut in Africa’s top tier club competition.
Denis Lavagne managed a number of big African teams such as the Cameroon national team and Tunisian club Étoile du Sahel.