An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Smouha sack French manager Denis Lavagne
The Blues were dealt a heavy defeat against the Marsa Matrouh side, losing 3-1, which proved to be the final nail in the coffin for club chairman Farag Amer, sacking the man he hired to replace Hamada Sedky.
Lavagne took charge after Hamada Sedky’s sacking at the start of 2014/2015 season, but a string of bad results leave Smouha at 15th in the league with 17 points from as many games following their historic run in the league last year, finishing in second place.
Smouha SC recently signed Séwé Sport trio Hermann Kouao, Ousmane Ouattara and Mansou Kouakouall to strengthen the team to be able to perform in the CAF Champions League, but the French manager won’t be with the side ahead of their debut in Africa’s top tier club competition.
Denis Lavagne managed a number of big African teams such as the Cameroon national team and Tunisian club Étoile du Sahel.