Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Smouha sack French manager Denis Lavagne
The Blues were dealt a heavy defeat against the Marsa Matrouh side, losing 3-1, which proved to be the final nail in the coffin for club chairman Farag Amer, sacking the man he hired to replace Hamada Sedky.
Lavagne took charge after Hamada Sedky’s sacking at the start of 2014/2015 season, but a string of bad results leave Smouha at 15th in the league with 17 points from as many games following their historic run in the league last year, finishing in second place.
Smouha SC recently signed Séwé Sport trio Hermann Kouao, Ousmane Ouattara and Mansou Kouakouall to strengthen the team to be able to perform in the CAF Champions League, but the French manager won’t be with the side ahead of their debut in Africa’s top tier club competition.
Denis Lavagne managed a number of big African teams such as the Cameroon national team and Tunisian club Étoile du Sahel.