Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Smouha sack French manager Denis Lavagne
The Blues were dealt a heavy defeat against the Marsa Matrouh side, losing 3-1, which proved to be the final nail in the coffin for club chairman Farag Amer, sacking the man he hired to replace Hamada Sedky.
Lavagne took charge after Hamada Sedky’s sacking at the start of 2014/2015 season, but a string of bad results leave Smouha at 15th in the league with 17 points from as many games following their historic run in the league last year, finishing in second place.
Smouha SC recently signed Séwé Sport trio Hermann Kouao, Ousmane Ouattara and Mansou Kouakouall to strengthen the team to be able to perform in the CAF Champions League, but the French manager won’t be with the side ahead of their debut in Africa’s top tier club competition.
Denis Lavagne managed a number of big African teams such as the Cameroon national team and Tunisian club Étoile du Sahel.