Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Smouha sack French manager Denis Lavagne
The Blues were dealt a heavy defeat against the Marsa Matrouh side, losing 3-1, which proved to be the final nail in the coffin for club chairman Farag Amer, sacking the man he hired to replace Hamada Sedky.
Lavagne took charge after Hamada Sedky’s sacking at the start of 2014/2015 season, but a string of bad results leave Smouha at 15th in the league with 17 points from as many games following their historic run in the league last year, finishing in second place.
Smouha SC recently signed Séwé Sport trio Hermann Kouao, Ousmane Ouattara and Mansou Kouakouall to strengthen the team to be able to perform in the CAF Champions League, but the French manager won’t be with the side ahead of their debut in Africa’s top tier club competition.
Denis Lavagne managed a number of big African teams such as the Cameroon national team and Tunisian club Étoile du Sahel.