Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
EFA announce bans for Al Ahly’s Zakaria, Zamalek duo Kamar & Yusuf
Al Ahly’s recent signing, Momen Zakaria, has been banned by the Player Affairs Committee alongside Zamalek’s Khaled Kamar and Moruf Yusuf, the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has announced, after both clubs accused the players of signing for them before moving to their rivals.
After the recent dispute between Al Ahly and Zamalek at the start of the January transfer window over the signature of Momen Zakaria from ENPPI, which saw the player sign for both clubs before he finally settled down with the Reds. Zamalek officials decided to then file a complaint against the player for signing for two clubs at the same time.
Following the complaint from Zamalek, Al Ahly’s board decided to also file complaints against Khaled Kamar and Moruf Yusuf, who have been accused of signing for them earlier in the summer before moving to their current club.
The committee meeting, which took place earlier today, decided to ban all three players until further investigations have taken place. The final decision is to be made after the Egyptian Football Association’s board meeting on Sunday.
Momen Zakaria is set to miss out on Al Ahly’s clash with his former club Al Masry, after he was included in their squad list for the fixture, while the Zamalek duo will not be affected since the team has no fixtures up until the final decision date.