Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Ex-Zamalek boss Helmy Toulan appointed Smouha manager
Ex-Zamalek manager Helmy Toulan has taken over the managerial post at Smouha from Denis Lavagne, the club announced on its official website.
The Alexandrian side had earlier sacked their French coach, Denis Lavagne, after a string of poor results with the latest being a 3-1 defeat to newly-promoted side Al Ragaa.
The Frenchman, who had only just taken over from Hamada Sedky at the beginning of the current Egyptian Premier League campaign, failed to maintain the heights the club achieved last season finishing in second place and securing qualification to the CAF Champions League. His success with the club also won him KingFut’s Egyptian Manager of the Year award.
Toulan, who last won the Egyptian Cup with Zamalek in 2013, has signed a contract worth 120,000 EGP per month.
Toulan’s first official day with the club will be on Sunday hoping to revive an under-performing team that currently sit in 15th position with 17 points.
It remains to be seen whether Toulan will use his ties with the Whites to secure the signature of unsettled CS Maritimo midfielder Mohamed Ibrahim after KingFut learned Smouha were interested in the ex-Zamalek player’s signature.