Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Ex-Zamalek boss Helmy Toulan appointed Smouha manager
The Alexandrian side had earlier sacked their French coach, Denis Lavagne, after a string of poor results with the latest being a 3-1 defeat to newly-promoted side Al Ragaa.
The Frenchman, who had only just taken over from Hamada Sedky at the beginning of the current Egyptian Premier League campaign, failed to maintain the heights the club achieved last season finishing in second place and securing qualification to the CAF Champions League. His success with the club also won him KingFut’s Egyptian Manager of the Year award.
Toulan, who last won the Egyptian Cup with Zamalek in 2013, has signed a contract worth 120,000 EGP per month.
Toulan’s first official day with the club will be on Sunday hoping to revive an under-performing team that currently sit in 15th position with 17 points.
It remains to be seen whether Toulan will use his ties with the Whites to secure the signature of unsettled CS Maritimo midfielder Mohamed Ibrahim after KingFut learned Smouha were interested in the ex-Zamalek player’s signature.