The Bureau of the FIFA Council managed to agree on a proposed...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Ex-Zamalek boss Helmy Toulan appointed Smouha manager
Ex-Zamalek manager Helmy Toulan has taken over the managerial post at Smouha from Denis Lavagne, the club announced on its official website.
The Alexandrian side had earlier sacked their French coach, Denis Lavagne, after a string of poor results with the latest being a 3-1 defeat to newly-promoted side Al Ragaa.
The Frenchman, who had only just taken over from Hamada Sedky at the beginning of the current Egyptian Premier League campaign, failed to maintain the heights the club achieved last season finishing in second place and securing qualification to the CAF Champions League. His success with the club also won him KingFut’s Egyptian Manager of the Year award.
Toulan, who last won the Egyptian Cup with Zamalek in 2013, has signed a contract worth 120,000 EGP per month.
Toulan’s first official day with the club will be on Sunday hoping to revive an under-performing team that currently sit in 15th position with 17 points.
It remains to be seen whether Toulan will use his ties with the Whites to secure the signature of unsettled CS Maritimo midfielder Mohamed Ibrahim after KingFut learned Smouha were interested in the ex-Zamalek player’s signature.