KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Zamalek to receive compensation for Pacheco departure
Four representatives of the Riyadh-based club will arrive to Cairo on Friday to offer Zamalek a payment of 200,000 US dollars, which covers Pacheco’s salary since he started his work at the club.
Director of football, Ismail Youssef, has also announced that the Saudi club’s representative will not be arriving to negotiate, but to directly pay everything the club has paid to Pacheco since his arrival at Zamalek. This covers his salary, accommodation and bonuses received.
Mortada Mansour, Zamalek’s president, had earlier said that he received a call from Al Shabab’s president to apologize for the way Jaime Pacheco moved to the Saudi club and had offered any compensation the Whites would like.
Pacheco had accused the Whites of not paying his salary or his accommodation during his stay in Cairo and that he could have ended up sleeping on the city streets. However, Ismail Youssef later denied the accusation saying every invoice of the payments is available if needed to be proven.
Youssef also stated that this gesture from Al Shabab clears Zamalek from the accusation.