Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Garrido launches attack on officials following Al Masry draw
Al Ahly coach Juan Carlos Garrido has stated that the draw against Al Masry proves that officials do not support the Red Devils.
There have been claims that officials support Al Ahly, but the Spaniard has reiterated that there were plenty of refereeing mistakes in the game.
“Firstly, I’d like to say that this game is really important to the stability of the country, it was an important game for us,” he said.
“The players were under immense pressure.
“On several occasions we have been subject to faulty decisions; if anything, tonight’s game proves that referees do not support us.
“I just want to know, who is responsible for assessing the referees?
“Today we saw how the referees failed to give clear fouls.
“Of course, I’m not saying that the opposition didn’t deserve it – they played well, but claims that we are supported referees are not legitimate; give me one example where we got more than we deserved this season.”
The Reds are set to face Petrojet in their upcoming Egyptian Premier League game on January 20.