Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Garrido launches attack on officials following Al Masry draw
There have been claims that officials support Al Ahly, but the Spaniard has reiterated that there were plenty of refereeing mistakes in the game.
“Firstly, I’d like to say that this game is really important to the stability of the country, it was an important game for us,” he said.
“The players were under immense pressure.
“On several occasions we have been subject to faulty decisions; if anything, tonight’s game proves that referees do not support us.
“I just want to know, who is responsible for assessing the referees?
“Today we saw how the referees failed to give clear fouls.
“Of course, I’m not saying that the opposition didn’t deserve it – they played well, but claims that we are supported referees are not legitimate; give me one example where we got more than we deserved this season.”
The Reds are set to face Petrojet in their upcoming Egyptian Premier League game on January 20.