The round one fixtures for the Men’s World Squash Championship 2016 have been released. ...
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
Garrido launches attack on officials following Al Masry draw
Al Ahly coach Juan Carlos Garrido has stated that the draw against Al Masry proves that officials do not support the Red Devils.
There have been claims that officials support Al Ahly, but the Spaniard has reiterated that there were plenty of refereeing mistakes in the game.
“Firstly, I’d like to say that this game is really important to the stability of the country, it was an important game for us,” he said.
“The players were under immense pressure.
“On several occasions we have been subject to faulty decisions; if anything, tonight’s game proves that referees do not support us.
“I just want to know, who is responsible for assessing the referees?
“Today we saw how the referees failed to give clear fouls.
“Of course, I’m not saying that the opposition didn’t deserve it – they played well, but claims that we are supported referees are not legitimate; give me one example where we got more than we deserved this season.”
The Reds are set to face Petrojet in their upcoming Egyptian Premier League game on January 20.