Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Official: Amr Zaki joins Hassan Shehata’s Arab Contractors
Amr Zaki has signed a one-and-a half-year contract with Egyptian Premier League side Arab Contractors on Saturday, the striker announced.
Zaki, known as the ‘Bulldozer’, has been out of action since terminating his contract with Al-Ahed after joining the Lebanese side in August. Moroccan side Raja Casablanca, 2013 FIFA Club World Cup runners-up, signed Zaki earlier that year, but the Egypt international was released without playing an official match after he underwent a surgery in Germany without the permission of the club.
Zaki will now be reuniting with former Egypt national team coach Hassan Shehata at Arab Contractors in a bid to turn his career around. The striker had excelled during the Egyptian’s coach three-year spell as the U-20 national team manager (2001-2003), as well as his historic campaign as the senior team’s head coach, where they together won two African Cup of Nations medals in 2006 and 2008.
— AMR ZAKY (@ZakyOfficial) January 10, 2015
It’s well worth mentioning that Zaki will be Shehata’s second signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of veteran midfielder Mohamed Shawky on a 18-month contract from Malaysian club Kelantan FA for an undisclosed fee.
As previously reported on KingFut.com, Shehata expressed his delight weeks prior to officially signing the former Egypt striker: “Zaki will definitely be a strong addition to our squad. He is currently undergoing a great rehabilitation program in Dubai,” the former Egypt and Zamalek coach said.
The Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career when he was on loan at Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League’s top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals. Zaki then had unsuccessful spells with Hull City and in Turkey with Elazığspor.
Arab Contractors currently lie in 12th position under Shehata with 21 points from 17 games.