Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Official: Amr Zaki joins Hassan Shehata’s Arab Contractors
The former Zamalek and Wigan hitman Amr Zaki has confirmed his move to Hassan Shehata’s side until June 2016.
Zaki, known as the ‘Bulldozer’, has been out of action since terminating his contract with Al-Ahed after joining the Lebanese side in August. Moroccan side Raja Casablanca, 2013 FIFA Club World Cup runners-up, signed Zaki earlier that year, but the Egypt international was released without playing an official match after he underwent a surgery in Germany without the permission of the club.
Zaki will now be reuniting with former Egypt national team coach Hassan Shehata at Arab Contractors in a bid to turn his career around. The striker had excelled during the Egyptian’s coach three-year spell as the U-20 national team manager (2001-2003), as well as his historic campaign as the senior team’s head coach, where they together won two African Cup of Nations medals in 2006 and 2008.
— AMR ZAKY (@ZakyOfficial) January 10, 2015
It’s well worth mentioning that Zaki will be Shehata’s second signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of veteran midfielder Mohamed Shawky on a 18-month contract from Malaysian club Kelantan FA for an undisclosed fee.
As previously reported on KingFut.com, Shehata expressed his delight weeks prior to officially signing the former Egypt striker: “Zaki will definitely be a strong addition to our squad. He is currently undergoing a great rehabilitation program in Dubai,” the former Egypt and Zamalek coach said.
The Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career when he was on loan at Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League’s top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals. Zaki then had unsuccessful spells with Hull City and in Turkey with Elazığspor.
Arab Contractors currently lie in 12th position under Shehata with 21 points from 17 games.