Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Official: Amr Zaki joins Hassan Shehata’s Arab Contractors
Zaki, known as the ‘Bulldozer’, has been out of action since terminating his contract with Al-Ahed after joining the Lebanese side in August. Moroccan side Raja Casablanca, 2013 FIFA Club World Cup runners-up, signed Zaki earlier that year, but the Egypt international was released without playing an official match after he underwent a surgery in Germany without the permission of the club.
Zaki will now be reuniting with former Egypt national team coach Hassan Shehata at Arab Contractors in a bid to turn his career around. The striker had excelled during the Egyptian’s coach three-year spell as the U-20 national team manager (2001-2003), as well as his historic campaign as the senior team’s head coach, where they together won two African Cup of Nations medals in 2006 and 2008.
— AMR ZAKY (@ZakyOfficial) January 10, 2015
It’s well worth mentioning that Zaki will be Shehata’s second signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of veteran midfielder Mohamed Shawky on a 18-month contract from Malaysian club Kelantan FA for an undisclosed fee.
As previously reported on KingFut.com, Shehata expressed his delight weeks prior to officially signing the former Egypt striker: “Zaki will definitely be a strong addition to our squad. He is currently undergoing a great rehabilitation program in Dubai,” the former Egypt and Zamalek coach said.
The Mansoura graduate was at the peak of his career when he was on loan at Wigan Athletic in 2008, where he was the English Premier League’s top goalscorer for the first half of the season with 10 goals. Zaki then had unsuccessful spells with Hull City and in Turkey with Elazığspor.
Arab Contractors currently lie in 12th position under Shehata with 21 points from 17 games.