AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Sobhy salvages late point for Al Ahly against Al Masry
Al Ahly and Al Masry drew 1-1 at El Gouna stadium on Saturday afternoon in their first encounter since the 2012 Port Said disaster.
Jose Maqueda’s men took the lead early on in the second half through Mahmoud Abdel-Hakin, before Ramadan Sobhy equalised later on in the game.
Hussein El-Sayed was the first to test Mohamed Awaad’s goal when he unleashed a stinging strike that was parried away by the former Ismaily man.
The former Egypt U-20 international was once again at the centre of danger, this time his strike slammed against the far post.
Al Masry could’ve easily gone 1-0 up when Ahmed Raouf found himself in a fantastic position, but he failed to wrap his foot around the ball.
Raouf went through on goal minutes later, but Mosaad Awad was there to clear the ball away from danger.
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ came agonisingly close to giving the Red Devils the lead, as he saw his curled strike go centimetres wide of the post.
Mahmoud Abdel-Hakim gave the Green Eagles the lead near the hour mark when his right-footed strike found the net.
The Red Castle came really close to opening the scoring when Trezeguet’s header was cleared off the line by the Green Eagles.
Emad Meteb was the next to get unlucky in the Reds’ setup when his strike slammed against the far post.
Juan Carlos Garrido’s men finally got their equaliser through substitute Ramadan Sobhy who scored from close range with his first touch of the game.