Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Gharib and Fathi voted for Ronaldo in Ballon d’Or race
Ronaldo, who eventually won the coveted prize, was in contention with Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi and Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
Following the event which took place in Zurich, the official FIFA website announced who the representatives from each country voted for.
Egypt’s three representatives were former national team coach Shawky Gharib, who was dismissed following the failure to reach the 2015 African Cup of Nations, Ahmed Fathi, and journalist Enas Mazhar, with the trio all voting for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Gharib and Fathi both chose Messi and Neuer in second and third place, respectively; on the other hand, Enas Mazhar chose German international Thomas Mueller and Arjen Robben in second and third place.