Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Gharib and Fathi voted for Ronaldo in Ballon d’Or race
Ronaldo, who eventually won the coveted prize, was in contention with Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi and Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
Following the event which took place in Zurich, the official FIFA website announced who the representatives from each country voted for.
Egypt’s three representatives were former national team coach Shawky Gharib, who was dismissed following the failure to reach the 2015 African Cup of Nations, Ahmed Fathi, and journalist Enas Mazhar, with the trio all voting for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Gharib and Fathi both chose Messi and Neuer in second and third place, respectively; on the other hand, Enas Mazhar chose German international Thomas Mueller and Arjen Robben in second and third place.