An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Gharib and Fathi voted for Ronaldo in Ballon d’Or race
Ronaldo, who eventually won the coveted prize, was in contention with Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi and Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
Following the event which took place in Zurich, the official FIFA website announced who the representatives from each country voted for.
Egypt’s three representatives were former national team coach Shawky Gharib, who was dismissed following the failure to reach the 2015 African Cup of Nations, Ahmed Fathi, and journalist Enas Mazhar, with the trio all voting for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Gharib and Fathi both chose Messi and Neuer in second and third place, respectively; on the other hand, Enas Mazhar chose German international Thomas Mueller and Arjen Robben in second and third place.