Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Gharib and Fathi voted for Ronaldo in Ballon d’Or race
Ronaldo, who eventually won the coveted prize, was in contention with Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi and Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
Following the event which took place in Zurich, the official FIFA website announced who the representatives from each country voted for.
Egypt’s three representatives were former national team coach Shawky Gharib, who was dismissed following the failure to reach the 2015 African Cup of Nations, Ahmed Fathi, and journalist Enas Mazhar, with the trio all voting for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Gharib and Fathi both chose Messi and Neuer in second and third place, respectively; on the other hand, Enas Mazhar chose German international Thomas Mueller and Arjen Robben in second and third place.