Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Gharib and Fathi voted for Ronaldo in Ballon d’Or race
Ronaldo, who eventually won the coveted prize, was in contention with Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi and Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
Following the event which took place in Zurich, the official FIFA website announced who the representatives from each country voted for.
Egypt’s three representatives were former national team coach Shawky Gharib, who was dismissed following the failure to reach the 2015 African Cup of Nations, Ahmed Fathi, and journalist Enas Mazhar, with the trio all voting for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Gharib and Fathi both chose Messi and Neuer in second and third place, respectively; on the other hand, Enas Mazhar chose German international Thomas Mueller and Arjen Robben in second and third place.