In episode two of the revamped KingFut podcast, host Ahmed Assem...
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
Nigerian striker Peter Ebimobowei confirms joining Al Ahly
Nigerian football player Peter Ebimobowei confirmed joining the Red Devils, which now makes him the second signing for the Cairo-based club during the winter transfer window.
The 21-year-old striker confirmed the news through his official Twitter account as he posted his picture inside of Al Ahly SC.
“Thanks to God. I’m proud to join one of the biggest clubs in the world and Africa’s most successful club, Al Ahly SC,” said Ebimobowei via his Twitter account.
Thanks to God. I'm proud to join one of the biggest clubs in the world & Africa's most successful club, Al-Ahly SC!!! pic.twitter.com/YgTfHuwcAW
— Peter Ebimobowei (@PeterEbimobowei) January 13, 2015
Wael Gomaa, Al Ahly’s football director, announced earlier this week that the team signed a Nigerian player for three years without mentioning any names.
Gomaa said that the player’s International Transfer Certificate (ITC) did not arrive yet, and the transfer will be announced once the club receives it.
The Nigerian striker has come through Bayelsa United’s youth ranks and has scored 18 goals for the senior team.
Ebimobowei had a trial period at SK Brann in January 2012 and Norwegian media described the striker as “strong, fast and skillful”.
UPDATE (January 14, 2015): Al Ahly have confirmed the transfer via their official website and revealed the fee was $100,000 (715K EGP).