Lazio manager Simone Inzaghi believes that Salah add value to Roma, adding that his...
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
Nigerian striker Peter Ebimobowei confirms joining Al Ahly
Nigerian football player Peter Ebimobowei confirmed joining the Red Devils, which now makes him the second signing for the Cairo-based club during the winter transfer window.
The 21-year-old striker confirmed the news through his official Twitter account as he posted his picture inside of Al Ahly SC.
“Thanks to God. I’m proud to join one of the biggest clubs in the world and Africa’s most successful club, Al Ahly SC,” said Ebimobowei via his Twitter account.
Thanks to God. I'm proud to join one of the biggest clubs in the world & Africa's most successful club, Al-Ahly SC!!! pic.twitter.com/YgTfHuwcAW
— Peter Ebimobowei (@PeterEbimobowei) January 13, 2015
Wael Gomaa, Al Ahly’s football director, announced earlier this week that the team signed a Nigerian player for three years without mentioning any names.
Gomaa said that the player’s International Transfer Certificate (ITC) did not arrive yet, and the transfer will be announced once the club receives it.
The Nigerian striker has come through Bayelsa United’s youth ranks and has scored 18 goals for the senior team.
Ebimobowei had a trial period at SK Brann in January 2012 and Norwegian media described the striker as “strong, fast and skillful”.
UPDATE (January 14, 2015): Al Ahly have confirmed the transfer via their official website and revealed the fee was $100,000 (715K EGP).