Algerian side MO Bejaia are eyeing their first continental competition when they...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
VIDEO: Egypt’s Fathi takes part in Qatar Stars friendly loss to Bayern Munich
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi was among Qatar Stars’ starting eleven in a friendly against German giants Bayern Munich, who kicked off 2015 with a comfortable 4-1 win.
— Qatar Stars League (@QSL) January 13, 2015
Mitchell Weiser opened the scoring 3 minutes into the game after being played in by Thomas Muller.
On the 12th minute, Weiser doubled the visitors’ advantage by cutting in from the edge of the box and finishing with a left-footed strike.
Suddenly against the run of play, Qatar Stars – who are coached by Danish tactician and Lekhwiya coach Michael Laudrup – reduced the deficit on the 27th minute through Tunisia international Hamdi Harbaoui, who scored a simple tap-in off a low cross played in by Al-Arabi’s Pablo Hernandez, who formerly played under Laudrup at Swansea. Fathi was also involved in the goal, having initiated the attack from the right flank.
Shortly before half-time it was Frank Ribery’s turn to score as he added the third goal following a Sebastian Rode cut-back.
Bayern sub Claudio Pizarro wrapped up the game in stoppage time with the 4th and final goal.