KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
VIDEO: Egypt’s Fathi takes part in Qatar Stars friendly loss to Bayern Munich
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi was among Qatar Stars’ starting eleven in a friendly against German giants Bayern Munich, who kicked off 2015 with a comfortable 4-1 win.
— Qatar Stars League (@QSL) January 13, 2015
Mitchell Weiser opened the scoring 3 minutes into the game after being played in by Thomas Muller.
On the 12th minute, Weiser doubled the visitors’ advantage by cutting in from the edge of the box and finishing with a left-footed strike.
Suddenly against the run of play, Qatar Stars – who are coached by Danish tactician and Lekhwiya coach Michael Laudrup – reduced the deficit on the 27th minute through Tunisia international Hamdi Harbaoui, who scored a simple tap-in off a low cross played in by Al-Arabi’s Pablo Hernandez, who formerly played under Laudrup at Swansea. Fathi was also involved in the goal, having initiated the attack from the right flank.
Shortly before half-time it was Frank Ribery’s turn to score as he added the third goal following a Sebastian Rode cut-back.
Bayern sub Claudio Pizarro wrapped up the game in stoppage time with the 4th and final goal.