Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
VIDEO: Egypt’s Fathi takes part in Qatar Stars friendly loss to Bayern Munich
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi was among Qatar Stars’ starting eleven in a friendly against German giants Bayern Munich, who kicked off 2015 with a comfortable 4-1 win.
— Qatar Stars League (@QSL) January 13, 2015
Mitchell Weiser opened the scoring 3 minutes into the game after being played in by Thomas Muller.
On the 12th minute, Weiser doubled the visitors’ advantage by cutting in from the edge of the box and finishing with a left-footed strike.
Suddenly against the run of play, Qatar Stars – who are coached by Danish tactician and Lekhwiya coach Michael Laudrup – reduced the deficit on the 27th minute through Tunisia international Hamdi Harbaoui, who scored a simple tap-in off a low cross played in by Al-Arabi’s Pablo Hernandez, who formerly played under Laudrup at Swansea. Fathi was also involved in the goal, having initiated the attack from the right flank.
Shortly before half-time it was Frank Ribery’s turn to score as he added the third goal following a Sebastian Rode cut-back.
Bayern sub Claudio Pizarro wrapped up the game in stoppage time with the 4th and final goal.