Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
VIDEO: Egypt’s Fathi takes part in Qatar Stars friendly loss to Bayern Munich
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi was among Qatar Stars’ starting eleven in a friendly against German giants Bayern Munich, who kicked off 2015 with a comfortable 4-1 win.
— Qatar Stars League (@QSL) January 13, 2015
Mitchell Weiser opened the scoring 3 minutes into the game after being played in by Thomas Muller.
On the 12th minute, Weiser doubled the visitors’ advantage by cutting in from the edge of the box and finishing with a left-footed strike.
Suddenly against the run of play, Qatar Stars – who are coached by Danish tactician and Lekhwiya coach Michael Laudrup – reduced the deficit on the 27th minute through Tunisia international Hamdi Harbaoui, who scored a simple tap-in off a low cross played in by Al-Arabi’s Pablo Hernandez, who formerly played under Laudrup at Swansea. Fathi was also involved in the goal, having initiated the attack from the right flank.
Shortly before half-time it was Frank Ribery’s turn to score as he added the third goal following a Sebastian Rode cut-back.
Bayern sub Claudio Pizarro wrapped up the game in stoppage time with the 4th and final goal.