Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
VIDEO: Egypt’s Fathi takes part in Qatar Stars friendly loss to Bayern Munich
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi was among Qatar Stars’ starting eleven in a friendly against German giants Bayern Munich, who kicked off 2015 with a comfortable 4-1 win.
— Qatar Stars League (@QSL) January 13, 2015
Mitchell Weiser opened the scoring 3 minutes into the game after being played in by Thomas Muller.
On the 12th minute, Weiser doubled the visitors’ advantage by cutting in from the edge of the box and finishing with a left-footed strike.
Suddenly against the run of play, Qatar Stars – who are coached by Danish tactician and Lekhwiya coach Michael Laudrup – reduced the deficit on the 27th minute through Tunisia international Hamdi Harbaoui, who scored a simple tap-in off a low cross played in by Al-Arabi’s Pablo Hernandez, who formerly played under Laudrup at Swansea. Fathi was also involved in the goal, having initiated the attack from the right flank.
Shortly before half-time it was Frank Ribery’s turn to score as he added the third goal following a Sebastian Rode cut-back.
Bayern sub Claudio Pizarro wrapped up the game in stoppage time with the 4th and final goal.