Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
VIDEO: Morsy captains Chesterfield to FA Cup fourth round with 2-0 victory over Scunthorpe
Chesterfield FC, captained by Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy, struck twice in extra time to reach the FA Cup fourth round for the first time since 1997 – where they famously went on to the semi-finals.
The Spireites earned themselves a third round replay against fellow League One side Scunthorpe United at the Proact Stadium following a 2-2 draw last week, where Chesterfield came from 2-0 down.
Sam Morsy came close to scoring in the first half, but opposition goalkeeper Sam Slocombe was in great form as he also denied goal scoring machine Eoin Doyle twice early on.
Paul Cook’s side took the lead in extra time when midfielder Sam Clucas turned in a low cross with a tap-in in the 105th minute.
With the remaining 15 minutes, Clucas curled home a second from distance to ensure Chesterfield’s progression to the fourth round.
Chesterfield, who are seventh in League One, will visit fellow Derbyshire side Derby County the fourth round of the FA Cup.