Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
VIDEO: Morsy captains Chesterfield to FA Cup fourth round with 2-0 victory over Scunthorpe
Chesterfield FC, captained by Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy, struck twice in extra time to reach the FA Cup fourth round for the first time since 1997 – where they famously went on to the semi-finals.
The Spireites earned themselves a third round replay against fellow League One side Scunthorpe United at the Proact Stadium following a 2-2 draw last week, where Chesterfield came from 2-0 down.
Sam Morsy came close to scoring in the first half, but opposition goalkeeper Sam Slocombe was in great form as he also denied goal scoring machine Eoin Doyle twice early on.
Paul Cook’s side took the lead in extra time when midfielder Sam Clucas turned in a low cross with a tap-in in the 105th minute.
With the remaining 15 minutes, Clucas curled home a second from distance to ensure Chesterfield’s progression to the fourth round.
Chesterfield, who are seventh in League One, will visit fellow Derbyshire side Derby County the fourth round of the FA Cup.