Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
VIDEO: Morsy captains Chesterfield to FA Cup fourth round with 2-0 victory over Scunthorpe
Chesterfield FC, captained by Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy, struck twice in extra time to reach the FA Cup fourth round for the first time since 1997 – where they famously went on to the semi-finals.
The Spireites earned themselves a third round replay against fellow League One side Scunthorpe United at the Proact Stadium following a 2-2 draw last week, where Chesterfield came from 2-0 down.
Sam Morsy came close to scoring in the first half, but opposition goalkeeper Sam Slocombe was in great form as he also denied goal scoring machine Eoin Doyle twice early on.
Paul Cook’s side took the lead in extra time when midfielder Sam Clucas turned in a low cross with a tap-in in the 105th minute.
With the remaining 15 minutes, Clucas curled home a second from distance to ensure Chesterfield’s progression to the fourth round.
Chesterfield, who are seventh in League One, will visit fellow Derbyshire side Derby County the fourth round of the FA Cup.