Former Al Ahly forward Flávio da Silva Amado has been appointed as...
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
VIDEO: Morsy captains Chesterfield to FA Cup fourth round with 2-0 victory over Scunthorpe
Chesterfield FC, captained by Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy, struck twice in extra time to reach the FA Cup fourth round for the first time since 1997 – where they famously went on to the semi-finals.
The Spireites earned themselves a third round replay against fellow League One side Scunthorpe United at the Proact Stadium following a 2-2 draw last week, where Chesterfield came from 2-0 down.
Sam Morsy came close to scoring in the first half, but opposition goalkeeper Sam Slocombe was in great form as he also denied goal scoring machine Eoin Doyle twice early on.
Paul Cook’s side took the lead in extra time when midfielder Sam Clucas turned in a low cross with a tap-in in the 105th minute.
With the remaining 15 minutes, Clucas curled home a second from distance to ensure Chesterfield’s progression to the fourth round.
Chesterfield, who are seventh in League One, will visit fellow Derbyshire side Derby County the fourth round of the FA Cup.