Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
VIDEO: Morsy captains Chesterfield to FA Cup fourth round with 2-0 victory over Scunthorpe
Chesterfield FC, captained by Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy, struck twice in extra time to reach the FA Cup fourth round for the first time since 1997 – where they famously went on to the semi-finals.
The Spireites earned themselves a third round replay against fellow League One side Scunthorpe United at the Proact Stadium following a 2-2 draw last week, where Chesterfield came from 2-0 down.
Sam Morsy came close to scoring in the first half, but opposition goalkeeper Sam Slocombe was in great form as he also denied goal scoring machine Eoin Doyle twice early on.
Paul Cook’s side took the lead in extra time when midfielder Sam Clucas turned in a low cross with a tap-in in the 105th minute.
With the remaining 15 minutes, Clucas curled home a second from distance to ensure Chesterfield’s progression to the fourth round.
Chesterfield, who are seventh in League One, will visit fellow Derbyshire side Derby County the fourth round of the FA Cup.