Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Meteb milestone helps Al Ahly demolish Tahta in Egypt Cup
The match saw Sherif Ekramy’s return to Ahly’s starting line up after his ligament surgery back in November.
The first goal came through a Walid Soliman cheeky chip over the keeper following a brilliant through pass by Mohamed Rizk.
Two minutes later, ex-Zamalek left back Sabry Rahil delivered an accurate cross to Abdallah El-Said, who scored his first goal after returning from injury with a rare header.
The Reds scored two more goals in the span of two minutes through Mohamed Naguib and former El Minya man Islam Roshdy, taking the score to 4-0.
Moments before the half time whistle, Tahta’s Yasser Raafat scored an unexpected goal following chaos in Al Ahly’s 18-yard box.
In the second half Emad Meteb looked determined to score as he missed a one-on-one, hit the post and wasted his 3rd penalty of the season.
Al Ahly were rewarded a second penalty just a minute following their first; Abdallah El-Said left it to Meteb, allowing him to score his 100th goal for the Red Castle in all competitions.
Two minutes later, Meteb took his overall tally to 101 goals through a trademark header.