Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Meteb milestone helps Al Ahly demolish Tahta in Egypt Cup
The match saw Sherif Ekramy’s return to Ahly’s starting line up after his ligament surgery back in November.
The first goal came through a Walid Soliman cheeky chip over the keeper following a brilliant through pass by Mohamed Rizk.
Two minutes later, ex-Zamalek left back Sabry Rahil delivered an accurate cross to Abdallah El-Said, who scored his first goal after returning from injury with a rare header.
The Reds scored two more goals in the span of two minutes through Mohamed Naguib and former El Minya man Islam Roshdy, taking the score to 4-0.
Moments before the half time whistle, Tahta’s Yasser Raafat scored an unexpected goal following chaos in Al Ahly’s 18-yard box.
In the second half Emad Meteb looked determined to score as he missed a one-on-one, hit the post and wasted his 3rd penalty of the season.
Al Ahly were rewarded a second penalty just a minute following their first; Abdallah El-Said left it to Meteb, allowing him to score his 100th goal for the Red Castle in all competitions.
Two minutes later, Meteb took his overall tally to 101 goals through a trademark header.