Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
Meteb milestone helps Al Ahly demolish Tahta in Egypt Cup
The match saw Sherif Ekramy’s return to Ahly’s starting line up after his ligament surgery back in November.
The first goal came through a Walid Soliman cheeky chip over the keeper following a brilliant through pass by Mohamed Rizk.
Two minutes later, ex-Zamalek left back Sabry Rahil delivered an accurate cross to Abdallah El-Said, who scored his first goal after returning from injury with a rare header.
The Reds scored two more goals in the span of two minutes through Mohamed Naguib and former El Minya man Islam Roshdy, taking the score to 4-0.
Moments before the half time whistle, Tahta’s Yasser Raafat scored an unexpected goal following chaos in Al Ahly’s 18-yard box.
In the second half Emad Meteb looked determined to score as he missed a one-on-one, hit the post and wasted his 3rd penalty of the season.
Al Ahly were rewarded a second penalty just a minute following their first; Abdallah El-Said left it to Meteb, allowing him to score his 100th goal for the Red Castle in all competitions.
Two minutes later, Meteb took his overall tally to 101 goals through a trademark header.