Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Meteb milestone helps Al Ahly demolish Tahta in Egypt Cup
The match saw Sherif Ekramy’s return to Ahly’s starting line up after his ligament surgery back in November.
The first goal came through a Walid Soliman cheeky chip over the keeper following a brilliant through pass by Mohamed Rizk.
Two minutes later, ex-Zamalek left back Sabry Rahil delivered an accurate cross to Abdallah El-Said, who scored his first goal after returning from injury with a rare header.
The Reds scored two more goals in the span of two minutes through Mohamed Naguib and former El Minya man Islam Roshdy, taking the score to 4-0.
Moments before the half time whistle, Tahta’s Yasser Raafat scored an unexpected goal following chaos in Al Ahly’s 18-yard box.
In the second half Emad Meteb looked determined to score as he missed a one-on-one, hit the post and wasted his 3rd penalty of the season.
Al Ahly were rewarded a second penalty just a minute following their first; Abdallah El-Said left it to Meteb, allowing him to score his 100th goal for the Red Castle in all competitions.
Two minutes later, Meteb took his overall tally to 101 goals through a trademark header.