Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Meteb milestone helps Al Ahly demolish Tahta in Egypt Cup
The match saw Sherif Ekramy’s return to Ahly’s starting line up after his ligament surgery back in November.
The first goal came through a Walid Soliman cheeky chip over the keeper following a brilliant through pass by Mohamed Rizk.
Two minutes later, ex-Zamalek left back Sabry Rahil delivered an accurate cross to Abdallah El-Said, who scored his first goal after returning from injury with a rare header.
The Reds scored two more goals in the span of two minutes through Mohamed Naguib and former El Minya man Islam Roshdy, taking the score to 4-0.
Moments before the half time whistle, Tahta’s Yasser Raafat scored an unexpected goal following chaos in Al Ahly’s 18-yard box.
In the second half Emad Meteb looked determined to score as he missed a one-on-one, hit the post and wasted his 3rd penalty of the season.
Al Ahly were rewarded a second penalty just a minute following their first; Abdallah El-Said left it to Meteb, allowing him to score his 100th goal for the Red Castle in all competitions.
Two minutes later, Meteb took his overall tally to 101 goals through a trademark header.