Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
AS Roma interested in signing Salah – Di Marzio
The 22-year-old Egypt international had struggled so far this season to get enough playing time, participating only 33 minutes out of 1890 possible in the English Premier League.
According to Sky Italia reporter Di Marzio, Italian club AS Roma, whom previously had signed Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, have started their first contacts with Chelsea to sign Salah.
It is also reported that the capital club have offered to sign Salah on loan with an option to buy for €15m, while the Blues are asking for the option to be a mandatory one for €17m.
Turkish club Besiktas are among the clubs heavily pursuing the winger with the club’s president spotted attending Chelsea’s game against Newcastle at the Stamford Bridge, fueling more speculation that a move to Turkey may be on the cards for Salah.
It is worth noting that Salah has been linked with several clubs in England, including QPR, Hull City, while David Moyes’ Real Soceidad are also said to be interested.