Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
VIDEO: Ghana U-23s restore pride with 3-2 friendly win over Egypt
The Egyptian Olympic national team lost 3-2 to Ghana in a friendly earlier today as a part of the Young Pharaohs’ preparations for the 2015 All-African games.
The Young Pharaohs went ahead through a Mahmoud Trezeguet penalty, but Ghana equalized after that from a Baba Mensah header, which came from a corner when Mossad Awad left his goal to catch the ball but tripped on his way.
Ghana went ahead after scoring from another header, this time from Abdul Basit, after Egypt’s defenders failed to mark the Free State Stars forward.
The Black Meteors doubled their lead to make it 3-1 after Egypt’s defender returned the ball to the goalkeeper, with Awad failing to control and clear the ball before Ghana’s Bright Adjei pounced.
The Young Pharaohs pulled one back after Ahmed Refaat scored a great free-kick to end the game with the scoreline of 3-2.
Egypt have been in a closed camp with coach Hossam El-Badry since the 8th of January to prepare for facing Kenya in the 2015 All-African games qualifiers in February.