Ghana captain and all-time top scorer Asamoah Gyan mentioned that he and...
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
VIDEO: Ghana U-23s restore pride with 3-2 friendly win over Egypt
The Egyptian Olympic national team lost 3-2 to Ghana in a friendly earlier today as a part of the Young Pharaohs’ preparations for the 2015 All-African games.
The Young Pharaohs went ahead through a Mahmoud Trezeguet penalty, but Ghana equalized after that from a Baba Mensah header, which came from a corner when Mossad Awad left his goal to catch the ball but tripped on his way.
Ghana went ahead after scoring from another header, this time from Abdul Basit, after Egypt’s defenders failed to mark the Free State Stars forward.
The Black Meteors doubled their lead to make it 3-1 after Egypt’s defender returned the ball to the goalkeeper, with Awad failing to control and clear the ball before Ghana’s Bright Adjei pounced.
The Young Pharaohs pulled one back after Ahmed Refaat scored a great free-kick to end the game with the scoreline of 3-2.
Egypt have been in a closed camp with coach Hossam El-Badry since the 8th of January to prepare for facing Kenya in the 2015 All-African games qualifiers in February.