Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
VIDEO: Ghana U-23s restore pride with 3-2 friendly win over Egypt
The Egyptian Olympic national team lost 3-2 to Ghana in a friendly earlier today as a part of the Young Pharaohs’ preparations for the 2015 All-African games.
The Young Pharaohs went ahead through a Mahmoud Trezeguet penalty, but Ghana equalized after that from a Baba Mensah header, which came from a corner when Mossad Awad left his goal to catch the ball but tripped on his way.
Ghana went ahead after scoring from another header, this time from Abdul Basit, after Egypt’s defenders failed to mark the Free State Stars forward.
The Black Meteors doubled their lead to make it 3-1 after Egypt’s defender returned the ball to the goalkeeper, with Awad failing to control and clear the ball before Ghana’s Bright Adjei pounced.
The Young Pharaohs pulled one back after Ahmed Refaat scored a great free-kick to end the game with the scoreline of 3-2.
Egypt have been in a closed camp with coach Hossam El-Badry since the 8th of January to prepare for facing Kenya in the 2015 All-African games qualifiers in February.