Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
VIDEO: Ghana U-23s restore pride with 3-2 friendly win over Egypt
The Egyptian Olympic national team lost 3-2 to Ghana in a friendly earlier today as a part of the Young Pharaohs’ preparations for the 2015 All-African games.
Egypt’s U-23 national team beat Ghana U-23s 3-0 earlier this week; however, the Black Meteors were the winners in the second friendly on Saturday.
The Young Pharaohs went ahead through a Mahmoud Trezeguet penalty, but Ghana equalized after that from a Baba Mensah header, which came from a corner when Mossad Awad left his goal to catch the ball but tripped on his way.
Ghana went ahead after scoring from another header, this time from Abdul Basit, after Egypt’s defenders failed to mark the Free State Stars forward.
The Black Meteors doubled their lead to make it 3-1 after Egypt’s defender returned the ball to the goalkeeper, with Awad failing to control and clear the ball before Ghana’s Bright Adjei pounced.
The Young Pharaohs pulled one back after Ahmed Refaat scored a great free-kick to end the game with the scoreline of 3-2.
Egypt have been in a closed camp with coach Hossam El-Badry since the 8th of January to prepare for facing Kenya in the 2015 All-African games qualifiers in February.