Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
VIDEO: Ghana U-23s restore pride with 3-2 friendly win over Egypt
The Egyptian Olympic national team lost 3-2 to Ghana in a friendly earlier today as a part of the Young Pharaohs’ preparations for the 2015 All-African games.
The Young Pharaohs went ahead through a Mahmoud Trezeguet penalty, but Ghana equalized after that from a Baba Mensah header, which came from a corner when Mossad Awad left his goal to catch the ball but tripped on his way.
Ghana went ahead after scoring from another header, this time from Abdul Basit, after Egypt’s defenders failed to mark the Free State Stars forward.
The Black Meteors doubled their lead to make it 3-1 after Egypt’s defender returned the ball to the goalkeeper, with Awad failing to control and clear the ball before Ghana’s Bright Adjei pounced.
The Young Pharaohs pulled one back after Ahmed Refaat scored a great free-kick to end the game with the scoreline of 3-2.
Egypt have been in a closed camp with coach Hossam El-Badry since the 8th of January to prepare for facing Kenya in the 2015 All-African games qualifiers in February.