Al Ahly handball team managed to qualify for Egypt Cup semi-finals after...
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
Salah remains unused as Chelsea secure a 5-0 win over Swansea
The game started sharply, with Oscar opening the scoring just 50 seconds into the game with a powerful right footed shot. Diego Costa made it two in the 20th minute after curling home a fantastic right footed shot following a driving run which the Spaniard started near the half way line.
Costa returned to strike his 17th of the season in the 34th minute after he latched on to a poor backpass and finished magnificently under Fabianski to make it three. Oscar then scored his second goal of the match and the 4th for Chelsea in the 36th minute. Picked out by Diego Costa, the Brazilian stuck home to make it 4-0 to Chelsea, effectively sealing the three points for the title-race leaders before half time.
Andre Schurrle, who replaced Willian for the Blues late in the second half, rounded out the win after converting a quality cross from Ivanovic at the back post to further compound Swansea’s woes. The goal turned out to be the final nail in the coffin, Chelsea finishing the game with a clean sheet and extending their lead to five points over title rivals Manchester City.
Salah was again unused through-out the 90 minutes, despite Chelsea leading 4-0 at half time and looking comfortable in the second half, flaming speculation that he is set to leave the Blues with Roma being potential suitors. Chelsea are due to face Manchester City in their next Premier League match, a match which could potentially be a title decider.