Côte d’Ivoire international Gervinho is set to miss the 2017 CAF Africa Cup...
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
Vieira heads to Dubai to conclude Zamalek talks
However, Vieira, who had a brief stint at the club during the 2012/2013 season, has yet to officially rejoin the Whites due to a past incident with assistant coach Ismail Youssef.
On a phone call to a television station last night, Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour made things clear regarding the delay of Jorvan Vieira’s arrival: “The Vieira delay resulted from money being owed to the coach during his previous coaching spell under [former chairman] Mamdouh Abbas.”
“Ahmed Mortada Mansour and Khaled Refaat are both in Dubai waiting for Vieira’s arrival tomorrow from Qatar to hold a final meeting at 8PM,” he then added.
Mortada Mansour also confirmed rumours suggesting that Vieira wants Ismail Youssef out, saying, “Vieira’s problem is not with Mohamed Salah. Vieira’s problem is with Ismail Yousef because of a previous situation between the two coaches.”
The established lawyer concluded his 30-minute phone call by adding two more points mentioning that there will be a reaction to Moruf Yusuf and Khaled Kamar bans this Sunday, as well as denying previous reports suggesting that Zamalek have requested a settlement from Al-Shabab for Pacheco’s departure.