Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Vieira heads to Dubai to conclude Zamalek talks
Jorvan Vieira heads to Dubai to hold a final meeting with Zamalek’s board representatives.
However, Vieira, who had a brief stint at the club during the 2012/2013 season, has yet to officially rejoin the Whites due to a past incident with assistant coach Ismail Youssef.
On a phone call to a television station last night, Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour made things clear regarding the delay of Jorvan Vieira’s arrival: “The Vieira delay resulted from money being owed to the coach during his previous coaching spell under [former chairman] Mamdouh Abbas.”
“Ahmed Mortada Mansour and Khaled Refaat are both in Dubai waiting for Vieira’s arrival tomorrow from Qatar to hold a final meeting at 8PM,” he then added.
Mortada Mansour also confirmed rumours suggesting that Vieira wants Ismail Youssef out, saying, “Vieira’s problem is not with Mohamed Salah. Vieira’s problem is with Ismail Yousef because of a previous situation between the two coaches.”
The established lawyer concluded his 30-minute phone call by adding two more points mentioning that there will be a reaction to Moruf Yusuf and Khaled Kamar bans this Sunday, as well as denying previous reports suggesting that Zamalek have requested a settlement from Al-Shabab for Pacheco’s departure.