Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Individual Highlights: Amr Zaki debuts for Arab Contractors in Egypt Cup
The former Zamalek and Wigan hitman Zaki, who confirmed his move to Arab Contractors last week on a one-and-a-half year deal, made his debut for the Mountain Wolves in a 2-1 round of 32 Egypt Cup win against Port Said’s Al-Mareekh.
Former Lierse SK midfielder Mohamed Abdel-Wahed scored the opener in the 39th minute before Mohamed Abou-Sheaie quickly doubled their lead before half-time.
The Bulldozer came on for Ghanaian striker Ernest Papa Arko with Ali Fathy in the 69 minute, and five minutes later Mareekh pulled one back through Mostafa Gaafar, but Zaki failed to notch a debut goal as the game ended 2-1 to see Contractors advance to the round of 16.
Elsewhere in the cup, Smouha thrashed Seid El-Mahalla 4-0 thanks to goals from Mostafa Talaat, Hany El-Egeizy, Ahmed Shokry and new Ivorian signing Hermann Kouao.
Under former Egypt national team coach Hassan Shehata, Zaki was an integral part of the side that won two African Cup of Nations medals in 2006 and 2008.
The Zamalek legend Shehata returned to Arab Contractors this season after leading them to promotion, the Egypt Cup over Al Ahly, and the Egyptian Super Cup against Zamalek during the 2003/2004 season.
Arab Contractors currently lie in 12th position in the Egyptian Premier League with 21 points from 17 games.