Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
VIDEO: Gomaa assists as Nacional win away from home
Coming off from a 1-1 draw in the Taça da Liga a couple of days ago, Saleh Gomaa, Aly Ghazal and their teammates needed a win as their team sits in the bottom of the league table, and have lost three of their last five league games.
In the 41st minute, 21-year-old central midfield Saleh Gomaa made sure his side were sailing in the right direction as he crossed the ball towards Lucas João, who headed it home to give Nacional the 1-0 lead just before half-time.
It is worth noting that with this assist, Gomaa brings his tally to five assists this year. It is also worth mentioning that the young Egyptian was deployed as an attacking midfielder in this game by Coach Manuel Machado.
Luís Aurélio and Marco Matias made sure Nacional secured all three points by scoring in the 54th and 86th minute respectively on the way to a 3-2 win away from home at Paços de Ferreira.
Aly Ghazal, who also started the game, played the whole 90 minutes alongside his countryman in midfield.
Nacional’s next game will be held on the 21st of January as the Madeira side plays Arouca in the Taça da Liga away from home.