Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
EFA: Kamar, Yusuf and Zakaria suspended for one month
The Egyptian Football Association has announced that Al Ahly’s Momen Zakaria and Zamalek’s Khaled Kamar and Moruf Yusuf will be suspended for one month in addition to paying fines corresponding to each player’s contract value.
The decision came as Zamalek first filed a complaint against Momen Zakaria, calming that he signed a contract for both Cairo giants. This prompted Al Ahly to also file a complaint against Zamalek duo Khaled Kamar and Moruf Yusuf, who were said to have done the same thing before joining the Whites.
Earlier this month, the Egyptian Committee of Player Affairs decided to ban Momen Zakaria, Kamar and Moruf Yousuf until further investigations took place.
“The decision was official in the EFA’s board meeting on Monday,” said Mahmoud El Shamy, EFA board member.
He explained that Momen Zakaria will be paying a 250,000 EGP fine, Kamar to pay 120K and Moruf 150K.
Due to this ban, which will be lifted on the 7th of February, Momen Zakaria will be absent from Al Ahly’s squad for the next four matches, which includes Petrojet, Tala’a El-Gaish, Zamalek and ENPPI.
On the other side, Zamalek’s duo will only miss two of their team’s matches, which includes Al Ahly and Al-Nasr.