Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
EFA: Kamar, Yusuf and Zakaria suspended for one month
The Egyptian Football Association has announced that Al Ahly’s Momen Zakaria and Zamalek’s Khaled Kamar and Moruf Yusuf will be suspended for one month in addition to paying fines corresponding to each player’s contract value.
The decision came as Zamalek first filed a complaint against Momen Zakaria, calming that he signed a contract for both Cairo giants. This prompted Al Ahly to also file a complaint against Zamalek duo Khaled Kamar and Moruf Yusuf, who were said to have done the same thing before joining the Whites.
Earlier this month, the Egyptian Committee of Player Affairs decided to ban Momen Zakaria, Kamar and Moruf Yousuf until further investigations took place.
“The decision was official in the EFA’s board meeting on Monday,” said Mahmoud El Shamy, EFA board member.
He explained that Momen Zakaria will be paying a 250,000 EGP fine, Kamar to pay 120K and Moruf 150K.
Due to this ban, which will be lifted on the 7th of February, Momen Zakaria will be absent from Al Ahly’s squad for the next four matches, which includes Petrojet, Tala’a El-Gaish, Zamalek and ENPPI.
On the other side, Zamalek’s duo will only miss two of their team’s matches, which includes Al Ahly and Al-Nasr.