Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Al Shabab close to signing Egyptian League top scorer John Antwi
Al Shabab, coached by former Zamalek manager Jamie Pacheco, have reportedly spoken to the Ghanaian directly about a potential move to the Saudi Arabian giants, who are placed 3rd in the league table thus far this season. Antwi claimed the move is close to being completed and his signature is the only thing still needed.
Several talks between Ismaily and Al Shabab were conducted last week, but negotiations stalled after a fee of $2,300,000 was reportedly offered.
The rumored fee is now $2.5m for the striker, who was a target for Al Ahly, Zamalek and numerous European clubs last summer.
Antwi is the leading league goalscorer half way into the 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League season with 12 goals in 17 matches, and was recently red-carded for an assault during a cup match against Tala’a El-Gaish.