Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Al Shabab close to signing Egyptian League top scorer John Antwi
Al Shabab, coached by former Zamalek manager Jamie Pacheco, have reportedly spoken to the Ghanaian directly about a potential move to the Saudi Arabian giants, who are placed 3rd in the league table thus far this season. Antwi claimed the move is close to being completed and his signature is the only thing still needed.
Several talks between Ismaily and Al Shabab were conducted last week, but negotiations stalled after a fee of $2,300,000 was reportedly offered.
The rumored fee is now $2.5m for the striker, who was a target for Al Ahly, Zamalek and numerous European clubs last summer.
Antwi is the leading league goalscorer half way into the 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League season with 12 goals in 17 matches, and was recently red-carded for an assault during a cup match against Tala’a El-Gaish.