Egypt have claimed a 31-26 victory over Argentina in the Handball World...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
Al Shabab close to signing Egyptian League top scorer John Antwi
Al Shabab, coached by former Zamalek manager Jamie Pacheco, have reportedly spoken to the Ghanaian directly about a potential move to the Saudi Arabian giants, who are placed 3rd in the league table thus far this season. Antwi claimed the move is close to being completed and his signature is the only thing still needed.
Several talks between Ismaily and Al Shabab were conducted last week, but negotiations stalled after a fee of $2,300,000 was reportedly offered.
The rumored fee is now $2.5m for the striker, who was a target for Al Ahly, Zamalek and numerous European clubs last summer.
Antwi is the leading league goalscorer half way into the 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League season with 12 goals in 17 matches, and was recently red-carded for an assault during a cup match against Tala’a El-Gaish.