Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
VIDEO: Nigerian Stanley nets hat-trick as Wadi Degla thrash Al Masry
A hat-trick from Stanley Ohawuchi helped Wadi Delga record an impressive 4-1 home win over Al Masry in a week 17 Egyptian Premier League game played on Tuesday afternoon.
The former Nigeria youth international gave the hosts an early advantage when he opened scoring inside the opening minute of the game, the quickest in the Egyptian Premier League this season (41 seconds). But there were no further goals by either sides at the the end of the first half, as Wadi Delga held unto their advantage.
Upon resumption of the second half, Ohawuchi scored twice in three minutes to put the game beyond visiting Al Masry.
A further goal in the 65th minute of the game from Ahmed El-Merghany compounded Al Masry’s misery. However, former Wadi Degla and Lierse forward Ahmed Yasser pulled back a late consolatory goal for the visitors in the 85th minute of the pulsating encounter.
Ohawuchi joined Wadi Delga at the start of the season from Maltese topflight side Sliema Wanderers were he scored 27 goals in 36 league appearances over the past two seasons.
Tuesday’s hat-trick helped the former Bayelsa United forward raise his tally in the Egyptian top flight to seven goals so far this season.
Hamada Sedki’s side remain third in the league behind Zamalek and ENPPI with 32 points from 16 games.