Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
VIDEO: Nigerian Stanley nets hat-trick as Wadi Degla thrash Al Masry
A hat-trick from Stanley Ohawuchi helped Wadi Delga record an impressive 4-1 home win over Al Masry in a week 17 Egyptian Premier League game played on Tuesday afternoon.
The former Nigeria youth international gave the hosts an early advantage when he opened scoring inside the opening minute of the game, the quickest in the Egyptian Premier League this season (41 seconds). But there were no further goals by either sides at the the end of the first half, as Wadi Delga held unto their advantage.
Upon resumption of the second half, Ohawuchi scored twice in three minutes to put the game beyond visiting Al Masry.
A further goal in the 65th minute of the game from Ahmed El-Merghany compounded Al Masry’s misery. However, former Wadi Degla and Lierse forward Ahmed Yasser pulled back a late consolatory goal for the visitors in the 85th minute of the pulsating encounter.
Ohawuchi joined Wadi Delga at the start of the season from Maltese topflight side Sliema Wanderers were he scored 27 goals in 36 league appearances over the past two seasons.
Tuesday’s hat-trick helped the former Bayelsa United forward raise his tally in the Egyptian top flight to seven goals so far this season.
Hamada Sedki’s side remain third in the league behind Zamalek and ENPPI with 32 points from 16 games.