Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Al Ahly’s Hussein El-Sayed, Garrido hit with bans
Al Ahly played out a 1-1 draw with Petrojet on Tuesday night, and both Garrido and Hussein El-Sayed have been handed 5,000 EGP and 10,000 EGP fines as as a result of their actions during and after the encounter.
Garrido criticised the refereeing in the game whilst pointing out that Al Ahly have suffered from subpar refereeing, whilst Hussein El Sayed has been suspended after an altercation with Petrojet’s Mohamed Dabash as well as allegations of spitting on the referee.
The Al Ahly board have also sanctioned El-Sayed by fining him a mammoth 150,000 EGP due to his excessive anger.
Garrido will sit in the stands in the game against Tala’a El-Gaish, whilst Hussein El-Sayed will also miss the Gaish game, Cairo Derby against Zamalek, ENPPI, and Ittihad El-Shorta.