Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Al Ahly’s Hussein El-Sayed, Garrido hit with bans
Al Ahly played out a 1-1 draw with Petrojet on Tuesday night, and both Garrido and Hussein El-Sayed have been handed 5,000 EGP and 10,000 EGP fines as as a result of their actions during and after the encounter.
Garrido criticised the refereeing in the game whilst pointing out that Al Ahly have suffered from subpar refereeing, whilst Hussein El Sayed has been suspended after an altercation with Petrojet’s Mohamed Dabash as well as allegations of spitting on the referee.
The Al Ahly board have also sanctioned El-Sayed by fining him a mammoth 150,000 EGP due to his excessive anger.
Garrido will sit in the stands in the game against Tala’a El-Gaish, whilst Hussein El-Sayed will also miss the Gaish game, Cairo Derby against Zamalek, ENPPI, and Ittihad El-Shorta.