Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Garrido: Refereeing denied Al Ahly nine points this season
The Red Devils had a penalty awarded against them in the game against the Suez team, and the Spaniard criticised the decisions awarded against Al Ahly this campaign.
“The refereeing negatively affected Al Ahly,” he said in the post-match press conference. “This has happened in many matches like Assyouty Sport, Ismaily, Al Masry and now Petrojet.
“I am not looking for mistakes, I’m talking about the fact that Al Ahly lost nine points because of wrong refereeing decisions”
“Al Ahly put a good performance against Petrojet, the final score doesn’t reflect our performance in the match, we had many chances and could’ve won.”
“Of course we’re not happy with the result, but we played for the win, however that didn’t happen after they equalised from a faulty penalty”
The Reds face Tala’a El-Gaish on January 24 in their upcoming game.