Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Garrido: Refereeing denied Al Ahly nine points this season
Al Ahly coach Juan Carlos Garrido criticised the refereeing in his side’s 1-1 draw with Petrojet on Tuesday night.
The Red Devils had a penalty awarded against them in the game against the Suez team, and the Spaniard criticised the decisions awarded against Al Ahly this campaign.
“The refereeing negatively affected Al Ahly,” he said in the post-match press conference. “This has happened in many matches like Assyouty Sport, Ismaily, Al Masry and now Petrojet.
“I am not looking for mistakes, I’m talking about the fact that Al Ahly lost nine points because of wrong refereeing decisions”
“Al Ahly put a good performance against Petrojet, the final score doesn’t reflect our performance in the match, we had many chances and could’ve won.”
“Of course we’re not happy with the result, but we played for the win, however that didn’t happen after they equalised from a faulty penalty”
The Reds face Tala’a El-Gaish on January 24 in their upcoming game.