Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Garrido: Refereeing denied Al Ahly nine points this season
Al Ahly coach Juan Carlos Garrido criticised the refereeing in his side’s 1-1 draw with Petrojet on Tuesday night.
The Red Devils had a penalty awarded against them in the game against the Suez team, and the Spaniard criticised the decisions awarded against Al Ahly this campaign.
“The refereeing negatively affected Al Ahly,” he said in the post-match press conference. “This has happened in many matches like Assyouty Sport, Ismaily, Al Masry and now Petrojet.
“I am not looking for mistakes, I’m talking about the fact that Al Ahly lost nine points because of wrong refereeing decisions”
“Al Ahly put a good performance against Petrojet, the final score doesn’t reflect our performance in the match, we had many chances and could’ve won.”
“Of course we’re not happy with the result, but we played for the win, however that didn’t happen after they equalised from a faulty penalty”
The Reds face Tala’a El-Gaish on January 24 in their upcoming game.