Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Garrido: Refereeing denied Al Ahly nine points this season
The Red Devils had a penalty awarded against them in the game against the Suez team, and the Spaniard criticised the decisions awarded against Al Ahly this campaign.
“The refereeing negatively affected Al Ahly,” he said in the post-match press conference. “This has happened in many matches like Assyouty Sport, Ismaily, Al Masry and now Petrojet.
“I am not looking for mistakes, I’m talking about the fact that Al Ahly lost nine points because of wrong refereeing decisions”
“Al Ahly put a good performance against Petrojet, the final score doesn’t reflect our performance in the match, we had many chances and could’ve won.”
“Of course we’re not happy with the result, but we played for the win, however that didn’t happen after they equalised from a faulty penalty”
The Reds face Tala’a El-Gaish on January 24 in their upcoming game.