Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Koka linked with a move to Sporting
Sporting are interested in signing Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ from Rio Ave, according to Portuguese sports daily, A Bola.
With Islam Slimani once again the subject of intense transfer rumours, Sporting have been eyeing up potential replacements for the striker, and Rio Ave’s Koka could potentially be a cheap solution to fill the number 9 role should the Algerian international depart the Alvalade this winter for Tottenham.
Koka has been in fine form for his club this season, netting 11 goals in 26 games, the most recent of which came against Sporting last weekend as Rio Ave were defeated 4-2, so it’s perhaps unsurprising that he is attracting interest from one of Portugal’s Três Grandes.
Should this move materialise, Koka will link up with compatriot Rami Rabia, who recently made his first-team début, coming on as a substitute in the club’s recent Taça da Liga win over Boavista.
Rio Ave’s President, António Campos, has confirmed that Sporting are interested in Koka, saying that Sporting are the “only Portuguese club” interested in signing the 21-year-old, but that there are “other proposals from abroad.”
Whilst Campos never elaborated on who the foreign clubs were, he did say: “We are examining the proposals, and we’ll give our opinion as soon as possible.”