Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Koka linked with a move to Sporting
With Islam Slimani once again the subject of intense transfer rumours, Sporting have been eyeing up potential replacements for the striker, and Rio Ave’s Koka could potentially be a cheap solution to fill the number 9 role should the Algerian international depart the Alvalade this winter for Tottenham.
Koka has been in fine form for his club this season, netting 11 goals in 26 games, the most recent of which came against Sporting last weekend as Rio Ave were defeated 4-2, so it’s perhaps unsurprising that he is attracting interest from one of Portugal’s Três Grandes.
Should this move materialise, Koka will link up with compatriot Rami Rabia, who recently made his first-team début, coming on as a substitute in the club’s recent Taça da Liga win over Boavista.
Rio Ave’s President, António Campos, has confirmed that Sporting are interested in Koka, saying that Sporting are the “only Portuguese club” interested in signing the 21-year-old, but that there are “other proposals from abroad.”
Whilst Campos never elaborated on who the foreign clubs were, he did say: “We are examining the proposals, and we’ll give our opinion as soon as possible.”