KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Koka linked with a move to Sporting
Sporting are interested in signing Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ from Rio Ave, according to Portuguese sports daily, A Bola.
With Islam Slimani once again the subject of intense transfer rumours, Sporting have been eyeing up potential replacements for the striker, and Rio Ave’s Koka could potentially be a cheap solution to fill the number 9 role should the Algerian international depart the Alvalade this winter for Tottenham.
Koka has been in fine form for his club this season, netting 11 goals in 26 games, the most recent of which came against Sporting last weekend as Rio Ave were defeated 4-2, so it’s perhaps unsurprising that he is attracting interest from one of Portugal’s Três Grandes.
Should this move materialise, Koka will link up with compatriot Rami Rabia, who recently made his first-team début, coming on as a substitute in the club’s recent Taça da Liga win over Boavista.
Rio Ave’s President, António Campos, has confirmed that Sporting are interested in Koka, saying that Sporting are the “only Portuguese club” interested in signing the 21-year-old, but that there are “other proposals from abroad.”
Whilst Campos never elaborated on who the foreign clubs were, he did say: “We are examining the proposals, and we’ll give our opinion as soon as possible.”