KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Koka linked with a move to Sporting
Sporting are interested in signing Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ from Rio Ave, according to Portuguese sports daily, A Bola.
With Islam Slimani once again the subject of intense transfer rumours, Sporting have been eyeing up potential replacements for the striker, and Rio Ave’s Koka could potentially be a cheap solution to fill the number 9 role should the Algerian international depart the Alvalade this winter for Tottenham.
Koka has been in fine form for his club this season, netting 11 goals in 26 games, the most recent of which came against Sporting last weekend as Rio Ave were defeated 4-2, so it’s perhaps unsurprising that he is attracting interest from one of Portugal’s Três Grandes.
Should this move materialise, Koka will link up with compatriot Rami Rabia, who recently made his first-team début, coming on as a substitute in the club’s recent Taça da Liga win over Boavista.
Rio Ave’s President, António Campos, has confirmed that Sporting are interested in Koka, saying that Sporting are the “only Portuguese club” interested in signing the 21-year-old, but that there are “other proposals from abroad.”
Whilst Campos never elaborated on who the foreign clubs were, he did say: “We are examining the proposals, and we’ll give our opinion as soon as possible.”