KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
Official: Omar Gaber renews contract with Zamalek
Gaber seems to have preferred staying in Egypt with Zamalek even though he had an offer to play in the MLS with American outfit Columbus Crew SC.
Omar Gaber’s contract was supposed to expire at the end of this season and a move away from Zamalek was expected due to a troubled and deteriorating relationship with the club president Mortada Mansour; the latter being annoyed by the former’s support of the club’s fanbase “Ultras White Knights (UWK)”.
Mansour threatened to have Omar Gaber banned by the EFA for his support of the UWK following an assassination attempt on the president’s life.